Sign in to follow this  
norman

414-8 Clutch adjustment

norman

I need help I am trying to adjust the arm but when the clutch is pressed the arm flips forward and stays jammed... A real PITA....

Any tips

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1249863921.gif

Duff

Norman, is part #17 (roll pin) sheared? Is the spring (#48) properly attached at both ends? Those are the first things that come to mind, lacking a more detailed description of your problem.... :thumbs:

Duff :thumbs2:

norman

Norman, is part #17 (roll pin) sheared? Is the spring (#48) properly attached at both ends? Those are the first things that come to mind, lacking a more detailed description of your problem.... :thumbs:

Thanks Duff..... I took the wheel off and PB blasted the linkage and everything.... Seems to have way too much play in the rod.....

The tension is off the belt right away when the pedal is pressed so hopefully alot of rod adjustement will take care of it...

Duff

Seems to have way too much play in the rod.....

The tension is off the belt right away when the pedal is pressed so hopefully alot of rod adjustement will take care of it...

Norman, it sounds like the main drive belt has stretched or worn out. The clutch rod (#14) adjustment can compensate for some of this, but only so much. I did find on my 312's that when I switched to a belt that was one inch shorter then factory spec the whole clutch system worked much better and gave me lots of room for future adjustment. JMHO..... :thumbs:

norman

Norman, it sounds like the main drive belt has stretched or worn out. The clutch rod (#14) adjustment can compensate for some of this, but only so much. I did find on my 312's that when I switched to a belt that was one inch shorter then factory spec the whole clutch system worked much better and gave me lots of room for future adjustment. JMHO..... :thumbs:

I will install a new belt..... I will need to do my fall tilling and then install my snowblower so I think it deserves a new one.....

Thanks Duff

Greg