S416-8

Loose intake seat on my P220

lynnmor

Any chance you installed the wrong ignition switch?

S416-8

Original switch is still there. Never changed it.. going to start by going through the grounds and check the feeds through the fuse box. 

S416-8

Well I have the blow fuse thing nicked at least I hope. The ground at the head lights was loose, cleaned and tightened it and the fuse is holding. 

Pulled and checked the wiring that I did in the fuse box and all looked good but the dash lights are still staying on even with the tractor off. 

Engine runs, speeds up and slows down fine but seems to have a slight miss. with all the work on the motor and cleaners etc used in the process will this smooth out of should I be checking other areas.

I did change the spark plug wires but the shop made them for me and the appear light to me.. should I order actual WH ones form one the vendors ?

Thanks for all the help..

RED-Z06
45 minutes ago, S416-8 said:

Well I have the blow fuse thing nicked at least I hope. The ground at the head lights was loose, cleaned and tightened it and the fuse is holding. 

Pulled and checked the wiring that I did in the fuse box and all looked good but the dash lights are still staying on even with the tractor off. 

Engine runs, speeds up and slows down fine but seems to have a slight miss. with all the work on the motor and cleaners etc used in the process will this smooth out of should I be checking other areas.

I did change the spark plug wires but the shop made them for me and the appear light to me.. should I order actual WH ones form one the vendors ?

Thanks for all the help..

Id sort the misfire, figure out which side...check spark and compression...it should start and run normal after an overhaul.

I use these wires off Amazon on my onans, good size, thick jacket and the yellow color adds horsepower.

Screenshot_20230723_094858_Chrome.jpg

S416-8

thanks and misfire solved.. boot on one of plugs wasn't connecting right. Gave it a slight pinch and smoothed out so not down to the dash lights staying on and I think we're good.. can't wait been fun but time to start using it.

RED-Z06

Well, the key will have a terminal thats got 12v from the fuse, it will always be hot.  When you key on, that terminal is connected to an accessory terminal that feeds the peripherals...lights, dash, connects the charging system...so if the switch is bad it will not disconnect power in the off position, is the switch older?

S416-8

Original switch so will be replacing it. 

Edited by S416-8

Handy Don
6 hours ago, RED-Z06 said:

and the yellow color adds horsepower

:lol: 👍

S416-8

does that mean if I paint one like Bumble Bee I could do burnouts :auto-dirtbike:

S416-8

Update is that I got it running great - found a hole in the hose that runs from the intake manifold.

Nor for the electrical issue,, it is in how I ran the new fuse box. Thought I had it figured out but now even when I pull the fuses out the lights stay on. Now to try to figure out what white goes to what side and well as the other ones...  Any ideas would be great thanks

The way It was wired when I got it was the whites on the 30 amp, reds on the 25 amp and pink on the 15 amp. Each opposing the matching colors so the 30 linked the 2 whites, 25 the 2 reds and 15 the 2 pinks. now as soon as the battery is connected the dash lights are on..

is there a way to tell which wires go to the 4 connected terminals and which to the individual ones?

Thanks 

Edited by S416-8

RED-Z06

I had a problem with the fuses on my 416, ended up being that there was a common hot lead that was split inside the fuse block between multiple fuses..not realizing this, i cut the wires on the outer most fuse out..and wired them to an external fuse holder...problem was, these 2 fuses were the back end of the fused circuit and had no power in...they were together in one side of the block with no wire feeding power to that fuse...it was the common hot "strap" inside the fuse block.

lynnmor
1 hour ago, S416-8 said:

Update is that I got it running great - found a hole in the hose that runs from the intake manifold.

Nor for the electrical issue,, it is in how I ran the new fuse box. Thought I had it figured out but now even when I pull the fuses out the lights stay on. Now to try to figure out what white goes to what side and well as the other ones...  Any ideas would be great thanks

The way It was wired when I got it was the whites on the 30 amp, reds on the 25 amp and pink on the 15 amp. Each opposing the matching colors so the 30 linked the 2 whites, 25 the 2 reds and 15 the 2 pinks. now as soon as the battery is connected the dash lights are on..

is there a way to tell which wires go to the 4 connected terminals and which to the individual ones?

Thanks 

You have the pinks connected to the reds.  The 15 is separate.  The 25 & 30 are on a common bus.

image.png.e9180eae02859c69944efff2359b08d3.png

S416-8

great and thank.. figured it out just before I got this.. the new fuse block has the 4 terminals tied together.. found a few pics of what it should be like, cut the terminals apart so the white and red were together and the reset separated and it works.. all  this time looking at the wires when it was the linked terminals that were the issue..:happy-bouncymulticolor: 

Now to finish the cab and get some pics posted 

Edited by S416-8
  • Excellent 1

RED-Z06
27 minutes ago, S416-8 said:

great and thank.. figured it out just before I got this.. the new fuse block has the 4 terminals tied together.. found a few pics of what it should be like, cut the terminals apart so the white and red were together and the reset separated and it works.. all  this time looking at the wires when it was the linked terminals that were the issue..:happy-bouncymulticolor: 

Now to finish the cab and get some pics posted 

So it was similar to what i had, the fuse block tying the hots together?

S416-8

Yup. Once I cut that strip and got the red and whites together and the pinks on their own it is all set... now to get it finished up.. then I get to start my free 312-8 that I picked up as a "non runner" that I have purring nicely.. without digging I got a list of front tires, belts, fixing a couple bangs etc..

Edited by S416-8

S416-8

It's is alive and running great.. I will get some pics of it and my little additions soon.

Thanks for all the advice and guidance on it.. :orcs-cheers:

• Excellent 1