davem1111

520-8 Onan surges

davem1111
On 7/2/2023 at 8:56 PM, ebinmaine said:

Send yours out to me. 

I'll rebuild it for ya. 

Maybe I'll do that. I should check to see if it's the same carb as the P216, since I have a 416-H, and sold a 416-8 to a friend I might need to help out.  Would be good to have a spare on hand.

• Like 2

Jon Paulsen

If you get on te IPL's for these two, carefully check the jet sizes. They might be identical, except a little more jet for the 20. This is speculation, but it might not be a good idea to get too much gas in the smaller engine or too much air in the larger. Still, but a few jets and you have a spare. They should be easy to change if the carbs are clean, Probably not cheap, but probably worth it to have a carb you can quickly swap in. I'd pay for that. 

• Like 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Jon Paulsen said:

If you get on te IPL's for these two, carefully check the jet sizes. They might be identical, except a little more jet for the 20. This is speculation, but it might not be a good idea to get too much gas in the smaller engine or too much air in the larger. Still, but a few jets and you have a spare. They should be easy to change if the carbs are clean, Probably not cheap, but probably worth it to have a carb you can quickly swap in. I'd pay for that. 

I suspect you are correct. The P218 and P220 have a larger displacement than the P216 with the P220 having a more aggressive cam action. I’d reason that 216-218 carbs are more compatible than 216-220.

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 2