perry

hydro lift question

perry

do the old hydro lifts have down pressure ?. or a free floating spot?.

wh1277020.jpg

TT

They do not have a float position, Perry -- but they do have down pressure.

nylyon

Enough down pressure to lift the tractor I might add.

illinilefttackle

do the old hydro lifts have down pressure ?. or a free floating spot?.

wh1277020.jpg

Perry- My C-125 Hydro lift has a chain from the bellcrank arm to the lift arm-this allows "FLOAT" of the plow or the deck. If you have a solid piece between these places, you have down pressure, but no float- That's probably as clear as mud-Sorry-AL :thumbs:

perry

Enough down pressure to lift the tractor I might add.

thats what i wanted to hear :thumbs: . sounds good guys. thanks for the info.

TT

Perry- My C-125 Hydro lift has a chain from the bellcrank arm to the lift arm-this allows "FLOAT" of the plow or the deck. If you have a solid piece between these places, you have down pressure, but no float- That's probably as clear as mud-Sorry-AL :thumbs:

Al.....

The "T" bar ("lower lift arm") on your C-125 wasn't used on pre-1973 tractors.

(#27 on this IPL):

cb9bc073.jpg

All mid-mount attachments on the earlier tractors were lifted and lowered via a solid link or rod.

illinilefttackle

Al.....

(#27 on this IPL):

cb9bc073.jpg

All mid-mount attachments on the earlier tractors were lifted and lowered via a solid link or rod.

Oh-Ok. If I wanted down force-the I could make a solid piece to replace the chain-like for pushing gravel or dirt-right?_AL

nylyon

Yes, in fact they used to sell a :thumbs: which would link the bell crank to the lift for a plow for down pressure. Making one would work just as well I suppose.

TT

In some cases, the solid link would need bent a little to clear the steering support. (sort of like a shallow boomerang :thumbs: )

The 7-1722 cultivator set like on my tricycle tractor requires a curved lift link on the front section. The OEM P/N for the curved link was 5581 but it's NLA -- so I made my own out of 3/16" X 1" strap steel. :thumbs:

T-Mo

Okay, what's the dimension of this solid link if someone wanted to make one. My C141 has hydraulic lift but no down pressure.

TT
Okay, what's the dimension of this solid link if someone wanted to make one.

T-Mo

Terry,

Excellent instructions. First I need to get the engine rebuilt and get the old C going again. But, I might just fabricate that link and put it on my C141. Thanks. :thumbs:

glenn27

Al.....

(#27 on this IPL):

cb9bc073.jpg

Terry--would you explain earlier/later models?

TT

Terry--would you explain earlier/later models?

What part do you need explained? If you give me a starting point, maybe I can help -- and I won't have to type as much! :thumbs:

tviggiano

Hi. I just bought a 1989 520h and am attaching the snow blade for the first time. My tractor has the rear axle attachment brackets. That seemed straight forward. My question may be a silly one but the only other attachment point is to the Tbar shown in the diagram above (I put mine into the hole labeled "snow/grader blade" near part 24)...right? Also, can the force of pushing the snow around damage/bend the Tbar that is used to lift the deck too? Lastly, when in lifted position the bottom edge of my blade is only a few inches off the ground....is that correct, or should it lift higher?

Callen

If you follow the chain to the belle crank, you will find the extra holes for more lift