Sign in to follow this  
Crow Horse

Duro AG Tires...??

Wheel Horse Fan

Looks good. Those appear to be the same width as my Deestone 10.5s. I know the Deestones runs a bit narrow though.

Sarge

The late 60's limited slip 10 pinion is known to be a bit weak in comparison with an 8-pinion diff, or at least to the puller crowd. Honestly, I attest to axle strength in these units - they are quite akin to your old Sami and amazingly tough. Same deal though, shock loads can break anything so beware when adding weight or fluid. I doubt a set of wheel weights will hurt it as long as you don't shockload the axles.

Just for fun, compare the common 8-pinion 1-1/8" axle to a stock Sami rear axle !

Sarge

bo dawg

Crow horse, what are those tires on the front? I can't tell if I like them, kinda neat looking.

Crow Horse

They are Carlisle X-Tracs. I understand that they have been discontinued by Carlisle, but they still can be obtained by doing some web surfing. I purchased them locally for $24 ea. which I thought was a good price........

Crow Horse

Sarge, Are you saying I can load the tires with fluid providing I take it easy with her?

Sarge

For most work, wheel weights should more than do the job. Fluid weight is pretty serious, any real shockload will probably take out the diff in quick order. Also, watch how much weight you use since some types of loose soil/rock will allow you to sink easily and really get stuck. If you really want to work it hard, either find an 8-pinion transaxle or a long-frame tractor such as a C-series.

Sarge

bustedglass

I have those Carlisle X-Tracs on the back of my B211-3 in my avatar. More than once, they helped me out of a "stickey" situation :thumbs2: .

Good looking rig Crow Horse. The ags look great...