CCW

Surprise the young man

CCW

Yesterday i picked up some 30 weight and the young man at the counter ask if it was for my tractor.  He told me he was working on his 25 hour break in period.  I told him my tractor is 40 years old.  He was surprised.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine

Niiiiice 

• Like 1

peter lena

@CCW   similar words / experience , youth today , typically does not hava a clue or interest in anything other than whats current . if they are drawn in and exposed / shown how things were , their is a curiosity to  that . when shown and told in detail , found that  to be the turning point to find out more , grampa , pete

• Like 2

8ntruck

My neighbor was discussing lawn tractors with his co workers a while back.  They were preaching the merrit of those green tractors. 

He then told them about my 1973 Wheel Horse and how it has been doing it's job pretty much trouble free for multiple decades.  He says the subject drifted to other topics at that point.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

lynnmor
22 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

My neighbor was discussing lawn tractors with his co workers a while back.  They were preaching the merrit of those green tractors. 

He then told them about my 1973 Wheel Horse and how it has been doing it's job pretty much trouble free for multiple decades.  He says the subject drifted to other topics at that point.

The thing is that most will destroy almost anything regardless of color.  How many of these tractors were abused?

• Like 1

Mike in NC

I was at work the other other day and a part delivery guy and I were talking and the subject of antique engines and tractors came up. HE was older than me, and he was surprised the information I knew about antique engines and tractors. He asked many questions.

• Like 5

CCW
1 hour ago, lynnmor said:

The thing is that most will destroy almost anything regardless of color.  How many of these tractors were abused?

My neighbor's brand new last year Cub Cadet sat out all winter and sits outside now.  And he has a garage it could go into.

• Sad 2

lynnmor
3 hours ago, CCW said:

My neighbor's brand new last year Cub Cadet sat out all winter and sits outside now.  And he has a garage it could go into.

Ditto for me, I have a good neighbor that buys a new, higher priced Cub Cadet every 5 to 8 years and they never see a roof.  He now has a mowing service doing the work because his health and the tractors health is very poor.  I am dealing with him right now to buy a small amount of land since he decided it is time to sell it all.

• Like 1