Introducing the Stig Special

Lars

Awesome

bowtiebutler956

Very nice Ian, I look forward to seeing her driving again! :text-datsphatyo:

Matt :flags-texas:

Ole MN

Ian,

Glad to see you working again. Just do what the body says it can. As always love the updates. Oh by the way :text-happynewyear:

Stigian

Awesome

Thanks Lars.

Very nice Ian, I look forward to seeing her driving again! :text-datsphatyo:

Hi Matt, It won't be long until she is driving now :D

Ian,

Glad to see you working again. Just do what the body says it can. As always love the updates. Oh by the way :text-happynewyear:

Morning Brad, yep slow and steady-ish has been the rate of progress.. My body has been giving me quite a few problems of late which has kept me from getting as much done as I'd like. Plus for the first time ever (I think) the cold weather is really kicking the sheep out of me by causing me loads of pain.. Must be an old age thing...

Anyway, progress has been made, which I'm rather happy about...

The beast is now fully chained up on both sides.. Sorry, not the best of photo's..

TSS14801.jpg

The battery and tray have been installed..

TSS14803.jpg

A view from the back... Yes I know a bit of dexian isn't ideal for holding the battery in place.. The battery will get a custom made box to hide in, but for now I needed something cobbled up quickly in preparation for tomorrows/this weekends weather fun and games!!

TSS14802.jpg

Another quick cobble up... Take 6 bits of square steel..

TSS14804.jpg

A quick bit of cutting, drilling and painting later I had created 6 of the worst looking washers known to man!!

TSS14805.jpg

They fit here on the end of the axles... They will get made nice and round in time.

TSS14806.jpg

So... Why the rush for tomorrow/ this weekend??? Well, the first serious snow event (for my area) is about to start at some point tomorrow morning! Lot's of snow and blizzards are forecast!!!

I can't think of a better way to test the traction of the new tires :D :D

meadowfield

look forward to the pics !

I'm chained up and plough ready too!!!!! :D

dbartlett1958

Ian,

Good to see you back in the Shack! Have fun in the snow and take lots of pics.

Anglo Traction

Good to hear from you Ian. hope you're happy with what you got for the Raider. Nothing like a bit of forecast Snow to ready the Beast for testing...looking good...

Me ?, I'll be staying in the warm 'n' dry until it warms up. I hate winter.

Don1977

Glad to hear you've got it back running. Have fun in the snow.

Stigian

look forward to the pics !

I'm chained up and plough ready too!!!!! :D

Morning Mark, don't worry lot's of photo's and a video (or two) will be appearing :)

I'm not chained up but the snowplow is ready and waiting :D

P1143762.jpg

Ian,

Good to see you back in the Shack! Have fun in the snow and take lots of pics.

Thanks David, it's good to be back in the shack.. Fun in the snow??? oooo yeah :handgestures-thumbup:

Good to hear from you Ian. hope you're happy with what you got for the Raider. Nothing like a bit of forecast Snow to ready the Beast for testing...looking good...

Me ?, I'll be staying in the warm 'n' dry until it warms up. I hate winter.

Morning Richard, yep I'm happy with the price I got for the Raider, it was a bit more than I was expecting!

Yep, looking forward to the snow, only a little bit floating about in the wind at the mo, but it's on the way..

Glad to hear you've got it back running. Have fun in the snow.

Thanks Don, fun in the snow will certainly be had. :D

A small update from yesterday..

Even though some rear bodywork isn't really needed for test driving I thought it would be nice if the rear fenders were fitted..

They have only been temporarily tack welded on and will come off again for stretching, but it does make the rear end look a bit more finished.

TSS14807.jpg

To keep the snow off the non drive axles on each trans'sss a couple of very quick covers were folded up and duct taped on... Not high class engineering but they will do the job for now.

Front..

TSS14809.jpg

Rear.

TSS14808.jpg

The fender pan got a quick coat of the red stuff to keep the rust away and was bolted back on along with the seat.. I really need to get a new seat, this one is way past it's best...

Almost ready to roll at this point.

TSS14810.jpg

Almost ready!! A quick rewire was done as I found the engine didn't want to earth through the chassis,

Then I found the battery didn't have enough charge in it to fire the engine up!! Sooo close!!

So the battery has been on charge overnight, bring on the fun and games today. :)

TSS14811.jpg

Anglo Traction

Hope you get a reasonable quantity of the White stuff Ian. Only had about 3" average here just North of Gatwick. Looking forward to some Pics.

COMMANDO6

Don't you just hate that? You're all ready to roll and excited to run it and the stupid battery is dead. The same kind of thing has happened to me I know it's frustrating.

wheeledhorseman

Just spent a couple of hours catching up on your project Ian having returned from a little 'vacation' from RS as I've had so much other stuff to do. A lot of milestones have been reached in the last few months and I'm so pleased that things are going well apart from the odd unexpected challenges that crop up from time to time.

Inspired and creative engineering - keep it up!

Andy

Stigian

Hope you get a reasonable quantity of the White stuff Ian. Only had about 3" average here just North of Gatwick. Looking forward to some Pics.

Morning Richard, you had 3" of snow!! You lucky so and so :rolleyes::D

Friday's "Don't panic, but all hell is heading your way" weather forecast was a bit over the top here.. With just over 1" of not very deep snow on the ground by time it stopped..It even started thawing out yesterday!! Pathetic really!! And not worth getting the Wh's out for!!

However.... Those very nice French people have decided to send a load of snow to the UK today.. It's slowly getting heavier and so far has put down almost 1" in just over an hour and is forecast to keep coming down for the next 11 hours :D

So, sorry no photo's yet, but they will be coming.

Don't you just hate that? You're all ready to roll and excited to run it and the stupid battery is dead. The same kind of thing has happened to me I know it's frustrating.

Lol, yep I do hate it when it happens, but sometimes these things happen.. Of course it wasn't just the battery giving problems.. When I did manage to get the ol girl started, the drive belt decided to jump off!!! :angry:

Which meant the battery/tray and the footplate thingy had to be taken off before I could even get the belt guard off!!

It's all sorted now and seams to work just fine :handgestures-thumbup:

Just spent a couple of hours catching up on your project Ian having returned from a little 'vacation' from RS as I've had so much other stuff to do. A lot of milestones have been reached in the last few months and I'm so pleased that things are going well apart from the odd unexpected challenges that crop up from time to time.

Inspired and creative engineering - keep it up!

Andy

Howdo Andy, good to have you back.. Don't you just hate it when "life" get's in the way of having WH fun.. :D

Your right, a lot of milestones have been reached, but not without the odd unexpected challenge along the way... I thought just swapping the new tires over was going to be an easy job.... Lot's of bent and broken bit's later..... :rolleyes::D

So, sorry chaps and chappesses, no snow photo's or video's yet, I'm waiting for tomorrow when there will be plenty of white stuff on the ground...

Stigian

Your going to have to wait a little while for the video, but these photo's should tide you over for now :)

TSS14812.jpg

TSS14813.jpg

TSS14814.jpg

TSS14815.jpg

• Like 7

COMMANDO6

Awesome! So how'd it handle?

meadowfield

Fab!

bowtiebutler956

Very Nice Ian! I can't wait for the video, although those pics make me cold just looking at them! :ROTF:

wheeledhorseman

Beauty (the snow) and the beast - you must be a very happy man!

Andy

JamesBe1

Fantastic! I hope you can get the blade install in time to push some of the white stuff around.

meadowfield

ok... I've waited a while, wheres the video?!? :happy-partydance:

Stigian

Awesome! So how'd it handle?

It was hard to tell...

Fab!

Thank you Sir.

Very Nice Ian! I can't wait for the video, although those pics make me cold just looking at them! :ROTF:

Hi Matt, it wasn't too cold yesterday, today it's just bl**dy freezing!!

Beauty (the snow) and the beast - you must be a very happy man!

Andy

Thanks Andy, yeah I'm happy-ish..

Fantastic! I hope you can get the blade install in time to push some of the white stuff around.

Ta muchly Sir.. Sorry, there is no chance of the blade being finished or even started on while the white stuff is down... It's going to take a fair few weeks to build the blade, but I need to do the bodywork next..

ok... I've waited a while, wheres the video?!? :happy-partydance:

Sorry dude's, I did plan to get it uploaded last night along with Part 44 of the build saga, but I was in no fit state to do or think about anything... Bl**dy dystonia gave me a right kicking!!

Well, that was a whole bunch of slightly vague answers from me :D

Truth be known, an old problem which I thought I had sorted came back to haunt me during yesterdays drive in the snow...

The drive belt kept jumping off if I gave the engine too much gas!! I lost count of how many times I stopped and put it back on!!

Other than that the drive went quite well, it would of been nice to of been able to use all the engines power and be a bit more er... adventurous with where I drove..

I hope to get the drive belt problem sorted once and for all today..... But I'm sure I've said that in the past :lol:

• Like 1

massey

It looks great out there in the snow.

Stigian

It looks great out there in the snow.

Thanks Massey, it sure was nice seeing her not in the shack :)

Here's what you have been waiting for guys and girls....

But first....

And today's main attraction.. :D :D

• Like 3

meadowfield

Best euphemism in a while :D. I always struggle with my missus car doors and central locking :D :D

Just on the second vid now........

meadowfield

Great stuff Ian, thanks for sharing... :D