417tractorpuller

Our new C-160

417tractorpuller

Figured I would show off our current build. This is our first Wheel Horse. We have pulled cubs for many years, stock to wild and had good success along the way. My oldest son is now 6 and runs a cub with MF sheet metal and a 301 kohler. His worst finish last season was 3rd. This C-160 is being built for my youngest who is now 2. He pulled a couple times last season and loves it. He took a 5th and a 2nd on his brother's tractor. I decided to go with a twin to keep them in separate classes and avoid fights and trying to beat our own tractor. We have put a set of VM puller tires on the back, installed new brake band, modified fenders to get tires on, built custom heim joint tie rods, rewired everything with new switches and solenoids, built a custom engine plate for the CH18 command, changed the intake to use a horizontal carburetor and avoid cutting the hood. Still have a belt guard to build, along with hitch and wheelie bars. Hopefully get a lot of that done on this holiday weekend. I will share some photos of where we started and where we are now. Hoping everyone has some fun and success this year!

20230120_085015.jpg

20230120_084934.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

ri702bill

Still need to whip up a drive belt guard??

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Some nice work there. 

How's the clutch and brake setup work?

Single pedal?

Nice that you modify the engine instead of cutting sheet metal off the hood...

• Like 1

417tractorpuller

Yes, the belt guard is still on the to do list, along with hitch, wheelie bars, and weight brackets. The clutch/brake is a single pedal setup now. It works great. I think trimming the blower housing for the intake was a better and cleaner choice versus cutting the hood. I like the look of the tractor, so we went with mineral spirits and linseed oil over a new paint job at least till we get it balanced and pulling like we want. Probably going to have to adjust pulleys and brackets a few times to get where we want. Main class will be an 800# kids class at 5mph. I might get on it in a 1050# once in a while and see how it does there too.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

417tractorpuller

Managed to get a little more done this weekend. Hitch, and front weight bracket are almost complete.

20230528_211605.jpg

20230528_211523.jpg

• Like 3

peter lena

@417tractorpuller looks good  !  in additition to a belt guard , that belt idler pulley , have RE GREASED  every one of mine , vital part of belt tracking , tension drive . suggest if you can , remove the bearing side shields , carefully , pocket screwdriver  or very small putty knife ,wipe out lubrication , carb cleaner flush , refill with  HI TEMP grease , lucas marine , lucas HD GREEN  or lucas red , reinstall seals . you can also find same size / type pulley , with a bigger bearing , and bronze bush it for a bolt on fit . only a suggestion , but will eliminate a problem. all my mower decks have this improvement , no noise or failures , easy to do , pete

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

417tractorpuller

Belt Guard is finished along with wheelie bars. Should be good to go for our first hook on the 7th! 

20230701_170301.jpg

20230701_155313.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

417tractorpuller

Just to update you all the ol C-160 won the 800# kids twin cylinder class handily last night in Miller, MO. My boy was beyond excited and is very proud of his trophy. 

39699.jpeg

• Heart 4

417tractorpuller

VideoCapture_20230708-110935.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5
  • Heart 1