Sign in to follow this  
porkchop

520h with onan help

porkchop

I need the wiring drawing for a 1988 520h. I found one on the site for a 91 to97 but I assume it,s different. I mainly need the one for the safety switches and ignition.

:thumbs2:

porkchop

The problem with it is it would not crank. The battery is charged and i have checked the 3 fuses that I found. I jumped across the solenoid and it started but only ran a few seconds and would not start again it is cranking. All the test lights are working the only one that lights when I try to start it is the oil light and it is blinking. It is not low on oil. The lights go dim when i try to start it but the battery is fully charged.Any suggestions????

TT

Have you checked and cleaned all of the ground connections?

How about the terminals on the ignition switch?

porkchop

No but I,ll do that tomorrow. THANKS!!!

nylyon

You may want to get some readings too. 12V to the coil with the key on etc...

04fxdwgi

I need the wiring drawing for a 1988 520h. I found one on the site for a 91 to97 but I assume it,s different. I mainly need the one for the safety switches and ignition.

I have a PDF of the 88-89 520H wiring. but it's too big (128K) to include heresince limit is 56K. If you let me know an e-mail, I'll send it to you.

porkchop

Checked and cleaned grounds.Checked and cleaned ign. switch it looks new. Before this happened I had the plate that the hydro lever go,s thru off to adjust the hydro lever. Could I have damaged the parking brake or neutral switch and if so how can I bypass these to see? If this is not it I,ll have to buy a new meter to check the voltage mine took a dump.

porkchop

Thanks 04fxdwgi (bill) for the wiring diarams. It sure helped the neutral switch was not working it,s fixed and cranking now. Now I,m not getting any fuel I,ll get a new filter tomorrow and try that. Anyone know if there is a electric pump or mechanical fuel pump? Is there an electronic valve to open the fuel supply? THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP.

Duvall

Anyone know if there is a electric pump or mechanical fuel pump? Is there an electronic valve to open the fuel supply? THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP.

The yellow arrow is pointing to the fuel pump. There is a vacuum line attached to the back that runs through a hole in the engine shroud.

clipboard01dhz.jpg

04fxdwgi

The yellow arrow is pointing to the fuel pump. There is a vacuum line attached to the back that runs through a hole in the engine shroud.

clipboard01dhz.jpg

Duvall,

Is that a "spare" P220-G ???????? Lucky dog..

Been trying to find a rebuildable core for a while now. Figure if I have a "spare" on the shelf, mine will never let go. :thumbs2:

04fxdwgi

Thanks 04fxdwgi (bill) for the wiring diarams. It sure helped the neutral switch was not working it,s fixed and cranking now. Now I,m not getting any fuel I,ll get a new filter tomorrow and try that. Anyone know if there is a electric pump or mechanical fuel pump? Is there an electronic valve to open the fuel supply? THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP.

Porkchop,

As Duvall states, that is indeed the mechanical fuel pump. Many a mysterious fuel problem has been traced to the pulse vacuum line hidden on the back of the pump (inside the shroud) is cracked or loose, causing the pump to not work.

Quite a few have replaced that pump with a small 1.5 GPH electric one with perfect results (if the diaphram on that mechanical pump gives it up, you can dump raw fuel into the crankcase). And no, there is no solenoid on the fuel line.

Bill

04fxdwgi

Porkchop,

As Duvall states, that is indeed the mechanical fuel pump. Many a mysterious fuel problem has been traced to the pulse vacuum line hidden on the back of the pump (inside the shroud) is cracked or loose, causing the pump to not work.

Quite a few have replaced that pump with a small 1.5 GPH electric one with perfect results (if the diaphram on that mechanical pump gives it up, you can dump raw fuel into the crankcase). And no, there is no solenoid on the fuel line.

Bill

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention:

1. Check the valve on the fuel tank outlet and make sure it's open. Sometimes

folks close them when machine is setup for the off season. Seems simplistic,

but a thought that "the obvious sometimes gets overlooked".

2. That fuel tank outlet has a "lint" screen inside the tank and can get plugged up.

porkchop

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE HELP IT IS RUNNING LIKE NEW!!!