Sign in to follow this  
fordsonmajortom

charger 12

fordsonmajortom

IMAG0001.jpg

Picked this lot up today, tiller ,mid cultivator,rear cultivator, grader blade ,disk and plough.

Michael

Duff

Nice haul, Michael! That will keep you busy for a few days!

Duff :thumbs2:

landsurveyor

Superb haul! Where do you find collections like that in the UK?

Looks like you have some work to do now?!

Is the plan to restore it, or use it like it is. if any of the implements are for sale, let me know :thumbs2: .

Simon

TJ

Rusty, but from the picture, everything looks pretty straight and solid.

If you can, I would like to see more pictures.

Good haul. :thumbs2:

Tom

Beano

I think the tractor will wait for a bit as Dad already has a project on the go. But i'll be using (or trying) the tiller and bits for the veg plot, i really hope the tiller works ok because the man powered one we have is killing me! I think i'll try them out this year and then clean them up over winter.

James

All subject to me managing to fit them on my raider 12...... :thumbs2:

linen beige

:thumbs2:

d180man

Hi nices find you got it all! but where is the loader ? :thumbs2::thumbs: :ychain:

fordsonmajortom

Hi all

The whole lot had been stored under a plastic tarp under trees for the last 10 years so the constant damp hasn't done any favours. The owner got them to do a veg patch and then the rabbits ate the lot .

Some of the rust is more like barnacles but looks to be all salvagable.I don't think any of the attachments have had a lot of use in the past.

The charger 12 has a few bits missing engine cowl etc . the good thing is the engine still turns over by hand.You can put your finger through one of the rear tyre side walls but we now have a set of wheel weights :thumbs: The bonnet has rotted through around the hinge area and the fender has got holes in it.It's going to be a while before it runs under it's own power again.

I tried looking up the tiller model number in the parts lists to see if anything was missing but no info available . The model number is 7-12117 if anybody can help.

I think this was one of those finds that only comes up very rarely in the UK. This was through a friend who talked to somebody at a show who put me on to this find.

Thanks Michael :thumbs2:

WheelHorse_of_course

I couldn't help but notice your bin strapped closed. Having a problem with vermin, eh? :thumbs:

Nice lot of kit.

:ychain: :thumbs2:

Beano

I couldn't help but notice your bin strapped closed. Having a problem with vermin, eh? :thumbs:

Nice lot of kit.

:ychain::thumbs2:

:ROTF: No vermin, just a handy place to hang the strap!

bell

Nice haul!!!

For some reason, I'm thinking the tiller is 7-1211 Try leaving the 7 off of the end. I could be wrong, but something's telling me....

EDIT... yep, that's it!