Sign in to follow this  
kpinnc

Check this out...

kpinnc

What do you guys think of this?

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/grd/541322321.html

Looks like a 1045 to me. It's about 40 minutes from here. Trouble is, I'm wondering what all has been done to make it do the speeds the owner claims, and if doing them has damaged the tranny.

Might have to go take a peek at it....

Kevin

TT

Definitely a 1045 - definitely NOT a 1947 :thumbs:

Looks like the engine pulley was changed from the 2 1/2" (I think) original to about a 5". As long as the oil was "clean and fresh" in the transmission, I doubt that it would be hurt.

The price is quite high -- seeing how it has been "altered" and has no attachments.

I guess because it goes fast, it's worth more? :thumbs:

Rollerman

It be worth a look Kevin.

The pictures don't look that bad to be honest. :thumbs:

The paint,running boards & hood ornament are sure tacky though!

My guess is he's changed the size of the drive pullies...worse case scenerio he tampered with the govenor...all that can be fixed for that peice of Wheel Horse history.

The front tires even look good & are hard to find. :thumbs:

Rollerman

Looks like the engine pulley was changed from the 2 1/2" (I think) original to about a 5". As long as the oil was "clean and fresh" in the transmission

Wow TT your fast....faster than a wicked fast 1947 1045! :thumbs:

kpinnc

Thanks for confirming the model guys!

I agree it's not worth what he's asking. Kinda worries me that he's pulled that kind of speed out of it, but he may be just guessing. I'll send him an e-mail just for giggles.

Kevin

BPjunk

Yes those front tires are kind of hard to find as the 1045 was the only Wheel Horse model to use them and only 1,100 1045's were manufactured. For a parts tractor maybe :thumbs: BUT to take it for a drive ... yer darn right I would! :thumbs::D

Bill in Richmond, Va.

TT

And ..... the steering wheel is incorrect. And...........there isn't even a lift handle on it either!

:thumbs:

But..... it's FAST! -- :thumbs:FAST!

chevelletown

But it has that nifty custom hood emblem and custom racing exhaust (at those high speeds you could get exhaust gas blowing in your face with standard exhaust)

Don't those features drive the price up? :thumbs: 1045's are pretty cool :thumbs:

CasualObserver

I'd offer him half that in cash, standing in front of it, and you have to be committed to walking away. Shame someone had to do that to one of the actual rare ones! They couldn't have picked a B-80 or something else that there a thousands and thousands of around?