Sign in to follow this  
jpmcleod

Kohler engine numbers

jpmcleod

Can anyone tell me where I can find the K numbers on a Kohler engine. I have a 12HP and a 14HP and I have scraped and wire brushed the entire exterior on both and no luck. Are they stamped behind something. I have took all the sheet metal off and no luck. I need a new "statter" (not sure of the spelling) behind the flywheel on the 14HP and need the K numbers to order the part.

Thanks fopr any help.

VinsRJ

Kohler K's will have a number plate rivited to the outside of the blower cover. Check the carb/exhaust side of the blower cover, there should be four holes drilled in to the side. That's where the engine number plate would be/been.

For parts the number you need is the Kohler Spec # (which would have been on the plate) so if you do not have the plate maybe someone will chime in with the same model and engine WH tractor and provide you with the Spec #. Once you get the Spec # then you can go to OPEEngines.com and punch in the Spec # for the Kohler part number you are looking for.

jpmcleod

Thanks. I will look when I get home.

TT

A lot of the newer engines used a foil-like sticker instead of the riveted plate. If it's missing or illegible then you're pretty much S.O.L.

Is the engine on a Wheel Horse? If so, what model is the tractor?