WheelHorse520-H

GT 14

WheelHorse520-H

My GT 14 with the parking brake on wants to creep back. The fan where the belt is under the seat  barely spines and is making a clonking sound. Moved fine forward and reverse. My video is to big to upload. Any knowledge would be appreciated.

E6CC0431-AD18-4358-9C09-45D85E2A6DD2.png

pfrederi

The parking brake on sunstrand hydros like yours is a weak spot .  People engage it while still moving and it grinds off the teeth, the resulting metal fragments damage the hydro unit..  Drain your hydro and see if there are any metal sparkles in the fluid...

• Like 2

Pullstart

It wouldn’t hurt to make a YouTube video and post it too.

There is a method for adjusting the hydro cam as well.  It may be beneficial to verify all motion control parts are DRY and tight. NO LUBE on the spring/cone.

19richie66

Check the belt engagement lever/pulley assembly under the right side cover. The two brackets can loosen up with wear and clunk while the belt is rotating. As for the creep, check the plastic plate and ball stud under the seat for wear. There is an adjustment cam in there for setting nuetral

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I allmost bought one of those for my first wheel horse. Yours looks really nice. Good luck. 

953 nut
1 hour ago, WheelHorse520-H said:

The fan where the belt is under the seat  barely spines

When you have the parking brake lever up the belt is slack and the pulley/fan don't move. Adjusting the neutral position is not too hard to do. Page 3  of this  OM/IPL it gives a good writeup on doing it. The Charger manual is better than the GT-14 manual on this.

• Like 1

WheelHorse520-H

Thanks I’ll try it but I think it’s stripped. It’s been that way the 7 years I’ve had it. Even with the clutch pedal down it was still making noise and the more throttle I gave it the more it wanted to buck and creep to where I had to cut it off 

Pullstart
2 hours ago, WheelHorse520-H said:

Thanks I’ll try it but I think it’s stripped. It’s been that way the 7 years I’ve had it. Even with the clutch pedal down it was still making noise and the more throttle I gave it the more it wanted to buck and creep to where I had to cut it off 

There isn’t really a clutch pedal, it’s more like a neutral return pedal if you will.  

• Like 1