Moparfanforever

K341 Air Cleaner Question

Moparfanforever

I put this 16HP K Series in my GT 1848 and it has the deep air filter cover that comes in contact with the headlights in the hood. 

Does someone have a picture or can tell me what type of air cleaner is used in this style of tractor with a K series engine?? Like a 416.

Or do they use the shallow style air filter like on a 10,12,14 HP tractor?? That doesn't sound like it would be right, but I don't know. 

Thanks!!!

20230415_092832.jpg

20230415_092815.jpg

• Like 2

squonk

The 16 's used the filter you have. The smaller 12,14 one will work fine. The air cleaner base is the same. Just use the more shallow filter and cover.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3

Lee1977

The magnum series the filter housing was recessed back over the carb and the cap was also recessed  and under the plastic cover. The choke arm was also longer.

• Like 1

Moparfanforever
14 minutes ago, squonk said:

The 16 's used the filter you have. The smaller 12,14 one will work fine. The air cleaner base is the same. Just use the more shallow filter and cover.

Thanks,I will put one on. 

Moparfanforever
10 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

The magnum series the filter housing was recessed back over the carb and the cap was also recessed  and under the plastic cover. The choke arm was also longer.

I tried a plastic Magnum filter cover, looked a little weird, but I will use it if I have to. 

WHX??

Should be able to use one like this. 

20190516_114900.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

squonk

If you Gold Plate your stuff, don't try to do Wheelies! :auto-layrubber:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

gwest_ca

Filter dimensions are listed here.

Checking the 16hp Kohler's Wheel Horse used looks like 6" OD x 4-5/8" ID x 3" HT was the filter used.

Wondering if the smaller filters would starve the engine.

Adding a pre-filter fills the cover.

• Like 2

Moparfanforever

I am also wondering about the smaller filter starving the engine since Kohler put a taller filter on 16HP engines. 

Anyone have a 416 with a K series that can chime in ???

jeremi3210

Had the same problem with my gt1800 when I had the k341 in it. I just put the shorter filter on it and it worked fine. Took me a little bit to figure out why i was blowing fuses with the lights on and going up hill! 

• Like 1

WHX??

The one I pictured is bigger in diameter so guessing almost the same filter opening as the long but smaller diameter ones. I put Fram CA77 filters in them with no prefilter. 

23 Reo

If you use the thinner K filter you may want to use it's base with the shorter threaded rod. Keep the thicker filter for something else. You will be fine. Just keep the filter foam clean.

• Like 1