WHX??

Briggs issue

WHX??

Trying to sell this genny. Had a buyer but he declined due to gas spewing out between the tank and carb. Don't blame the buyer. 

I recently had it off for a carb rebuild and obviously didn't have the carb to tank connection right despite a new gasket. 

Problem now is in removal to reseal the dip tube broke off.

What's the best way to reattach it?

Epoxy of sorts? JB weld? It appears it was factory slid on to the brass extension tube then crimped. 

20230415_073453.jpg

20230415_073508.jpg

OutdoorEnvy

These are unique, you can buy a new bottom plastic part and then you heat the small end in boiling water to soften it and you slide it over the brass and let it sit and it will harden backup.  It’s odd but pretty easy really.  There’s probably youtube vids on it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ri702bill
34 minutes ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

These are unique,

The classic B&S "Pulse Jet" carburetor. Extremely simple unit - I find I need to remove the pickup tube every 3 or 4 years to clean both sides of the pickup screen on my 21" push mower.

I see clamps on the boots for the pulse tube - they MUST be intact to allow the pulse action to take place and draw fuel up unto the well for the pickup.

The neat thing is on the mower application, it overfills the little well as it runs and the remainder goes inside the tank - allows you to deal with inclines right up to where the tank is dry.

Bill

• Like 1

squonk

Cut loose with the cash and buy a new tube and fit it like was said above. If you don't, when Ray Nitschke buys that genny and the tube breaks again, he'll drive you to the turf like you were Fran Tarkenton! 

• Haha 3

WHX??

I didn't see the tube & screen for sale but didn't look real hard yet.

Sure wish there was a friendly Briggs dealer down the road like the good old days. 

• Like 1