Skwerl58

Redoing my 1054

Skwerl58

I have been wotking on getting my 1054 going. I am now rewiring it by the factory schematic which was sent to me by a fellow member. I noticed today that the ignition has no coil and the generator light has been replaced with a gauge. I have posted pictures of the points and condenser area and another of me holding a wire going in the flywheel cover and the coil wire can be seen also above the wire. I was told the tractor ran years ago in this format so I am replacing wires one at a time as I go. I also am going to replace the condenser and check the points. Question is what type of ignition does it have with the starter generator still in place with factory wiring looking mostly intact? Any help or guidance is appreciated! 

1054 engine front.jpg

1054 wire.jpg

• Like 1

marreque

I have an original 1054 and is has a coil, points, and condenser. Coil should be mounted on the upper left side of the engine.

Screenshot_20221012-213548.png

Edited by marreque
Add

953 nut

Did the seller of this tractor tell you it ran the way it is presently wired? Could be a previous owner changed flywheel and converted it to a magneto ignition. Remove the flywheel shroud and take a look. Do not let 12 volt power get to the magneto coil.

As for the volt meter I like that better than the generator light and would keep it if you are not dedicated to doing a total restoration back to original.

• Like 4