Sign in to follow this  
ClassicTractorProfessor

The Mighty John Deere D

ClassicTractorProfessor

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

T-Mo

Nice.  That is a later one, what is the serial number and is it registered with the Two Cylinder club?  The D holds the record with John Deere for being in production the longest, around 1923 to the early 50s.

Here is the video from a few months ago with a plow day featuring about 40 D's.

• Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor
2 hours ago, T-Mo said:

Nice.  That is a later one, what is the serial number and is it registered with the Two Cylinder club?  The D holds the record with John Deere for being in production the longest, around 1923 to the early 50s.

1948 model Serial #180568. As far as being registered with the Two Cylinder club I honestly don’t know, how would a guy go about finding out whether or not it is?

T-Mo

Serial number makes it a late 1948.  As for finding out if it's been registered, try here:  https://two-cylinder.com/contact/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rick3478
11 hours ago, ClassicTractorProfessor said:

I’ve been wanting to add a John Deere D to my tractor collection for quite a few years now, and since this is the 100 year anniversary of the D and we are also featuring the D at our show in September I figured what better time to do it than now. Found this tractor up in central Kansas on Facebook Marketplace the first part of the week. Called the seller and he was willing to hold it for me until today, and then called me back and offered to meet me halfway this morning. Needless to say I didn’t sleep much the past few nights getting antsy to make the trip this morning. We left the house about 8 this morning and got home with the tractor about 330 or so this afternoon. 

Got a few little things that need some attention but overall the tractor runs and drives quite well. I had found another one that was a little bit closer to home and a bit nicer, but opted for this one because of the electric start option. With my shoulder still being boogered up from my wreck years ago not real sure if I was up to hand starting 501 cubic inches of tractor :lol:

Nice!  I always liked the compact muscular look of the "D".

• Like 2