Matthewand horses

HELP....my hydro

Matthewand horses

Where do I fill the hydro transmission when I drain all of it out, first time I have messed with hydro models. 1974 C120

• Like 2

Achto
45 minutes ago, Matthewand horses said:

Where do I fill the hydro transmission when I drain all of it out

If there is a dip stick under the seat you can fill though there.

daveoman1966

To prevent over-spill and a mess, get a small funnel and a 12-14" drinking straw...  then.  

CAUTION...  do NOT overfill.  After you first fill it, drive around for a few minutes and work the hydraulics.

After that, go back and 'top off' the trans fluid to mark on the dipstick.  

If you over-fill the unit, it will foam up at some point with potential damage to internals.

FILL VENT (6) - Copy.JPG

FILL VENT (8) - Copy.JPG

TRANS FILL VENT.jpg

Edited by daveoman1966
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti:

rjg854

:WRS: @Matthewand horses

I use a large cable staple on the outside of the funnel tube that goes inside the filling neck.  Keeps a spot for the air to get out.  The staple is to big to fit down the filling neck, so I just use one leg of the cable staple.  Works for me.  That's my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Sailman
19 hours ago, Matthewand horses said:

Where do I fill the hydro transmission when I drain all of it out, first time I have messed with hydro models. 1974 C120

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Definitely take the advice of the folks here allowing a path for the air to escape as you fill. If not it will "burp" and you will have oil spattered all over! Funny thing is, I have had  a C-120 that filled just fine and a second one that was a PIA...burping all over....before I heard about the suggestions here.

One other thing recommended is to jack the front of the tractor up when draining the oil out. It helps clear a small hump in the transmission and get most of the old oil out.

Also, be sure to replace the filter with NAPA 1410 or WIX 51410 filters as they are designed for hydro's and are not an oil filter.

Edited by Sailman
  • Like 1