Crobson

Onan p220g air filter screw size?

Crobson

I managed to lose the 3 screws that hold the bottom of the air filter box onto the carburetor. Does anyone know what size they are? 

I'm guessing 10-32 or 12-24 by 1/2 or 5/8. If the ones I just bought fit I'll update so the next disorganized person can replace theirs. 

On the lighter side, the engine is a lot happier with properly adjusted valves and a clean carburetor.

• Like 1

WHX??

10-32 guessing.  

Tip 

Make sure they are locked down good and close the choke when working on. :hide:

• Like 1

lynnmor

I used blue thread locker on those screws.  Any chance that the engine ate the screws?

Crobson

Definitely didn't eat them, thankfully. I had them in the cover on a shelf. 

I pulled the carb, cleaned and rebuilt it, as well as the intake and exhaust manifolds while I was getting at the valves. Turning the engine over to see the timing would have found them if they made it to the valves. 

I've been using blue gel threadlocker in a little pump bottle on almost everything I touch for years. I had a brake caliper bolt vanish on me a while back, darned thing was fine thread metric, $14 from the dealer.

• Like 2

RED-Z06

Its 10-32, but length will depend on if you have the deflector or not.

Crobson

Delayed update, 10-32 is correct. The holes on my Nikki carb are deeper than I'd expected, 10-32x3/4 screws were the shortest I could find easily and they didn't come close to bottoming out. 

I'll have to add flange bolt replacements to my list, torx head if I can find them. 

My air cleaner box is the rectangular version, with the little intake tube from the flywheel fan housing. Other than the naked "hot rod" style, I'm not sure what other variants there are.

• Like 1