Lane Ranger

Lift flag Spring and Eyebolt for 42 inch blower

Lane Ranger

Ok we had a little snow last night, about two inches . First real snow this year. So I wanted to try out the talk shoot blower.  

Not a lot of excitement with this little snow but all of a sudden near the end of the drive cleanup the blower does not lift (this is a 314 Hydro with hydraulic lift tractor). 

Look in front of chute and my lift rod is on the ground.

ok so I haul out the snowblower manual and review install directions .  Looks like I did all correct.  I did have flag in third hole up on rockshaft and I did not have the extra lift washer on between flag and rod so I did add that for high lift.  But I did notice I did not put a spring and eyebolt from the flag to the foot. Rest rod under the tractor frame.

I went to the Partstree and Toro sites to review parts.  Toro wants $20 for the eyebolt and $63 for the spring.  Knocked me over!

original Spring part # is 4629 and Eyebolt # is 100653

So I would appreciate and information on what size the Spring and Eyebolt could be used for this application.  I realize I can get an eyebolt with a threaded shaft that I can adjust but thought the Spring needed was a puzzle!

040FB3C4-449D-4AE0-9583-65CFB34C5E5F.jpeg

E53A4BFD-2123-4FC5-9F2D-38C495F2510A.jpeg

Edited by Lane Ranger

squonk

You don't need the spring and eybolt. It's just used as a lift assist. Sounds like the rod fell off the blower. I modified a spring clip pin to hold mine on. I have seen the cotter pins break from dragging on the ground

Edited by squonk
  • Excellent 1

EB-80/8inPA

I think that’s 100% correct.  The spring probably helps if there’s no hydro, but my hydro tosses that blower up and down like a leaf.  I can’t imagine that spring would be of any help unless your using elbow grease.  Save your money!

I had to add about a dozen standard washers to mine to get it lifted enough to comfortably clear the grade changes, though.  Now I’m wondering…

too many?

• Excellent 1

Blasterdad
7 minutes ago, squonk said:

You don't need the spring and eybolt. It's just used as a lift assist. Sounds like the rod fell off the blower. I modified a spring clip pin to hold mine on 

:text-yeahthat:

I've had that happen to mine, the assist spring helps with the manual lift, not really required for the hydro, but doesn't hurt...

https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product-category/snow-blower-plows/

• Excellent 1

Lane Ranger

Ok that’s what I thought guys ! 

I found that I had one (or two) and I did use on 314 manual 8 speed.  

I think I do recall using a smaller gusher push pin on the rod spot under the blower last fall.

I just dff we decided to use the biggest pun I could!  

1FA6B64C-F0C4-4B49-8A8F-FD11874E3FBD.jpeg

• Like 2