Wheelhorse#1

Plow set up

Wheelhorse#1

I have this 73 12 auto.

Is this lift Handel for the plow installed correctly?

482AFA53-81DB-4B98-B3B7-1A6C93D42B4B.jpeg

D3658C70-DE65-4F3B-B353-CD10258AEF44.jpeg

56926381-7065-4D74-8118-C8ED02D3A16A.jpeg

Edited by Wheelhorse#1

Blasterdad

Yes, looks correct...:thumbs:

I would put a washer behind that hairpin on the control rod though

Wheelhorse#1
8 minutes ago, Blasterdad said:

Yes, looks correct...:thumbs:

I would put a washer behind that hairpin on the control rod though

Thanks I’ll do that. 
Im having a issue when I squeeze the trigger to angel the blade to the right it doesn’t want to go all the way to were it locks in place.

Any idea what would cause that ? Almost like the Handel won’t come back far enough,it hits the foot rest.

No issue Angling it to the left .

Edited by Wheelhorse#1
  • Like 1

Blasterdad

You can try to bolt the lever on the other way so it clears the footrest.

The lever will end up further away from the side of the tractor though...

You can reverse the squeeze lever too if it bothers you backwards...

Edited by Blasterdad
typo
  • Excellent 1

Wheelhorse#1

Great idea .Ill try it out that way .

thx !

peter lena

@Wheelhorse#1  done anything on the STEERING QUADRANT ?  the spring pull  on the lever pin is the key to function  , along with  RED AEROSOL  GREASE , pop off the caps on the  plow/ quadrant area  , top / bottom . clean out all debris , do my set ups on milk crates  for access and verification of function . that squeeze lever pin slide , should work and sound like a rifle bolt , solid / smooth /  heim joints on  blade swing arm .  oil on front  of blade helps snow release . love detailing in , attachments , they can work easily , pete   

peter lena

@Wheelhorse#1   lever squeeze handle staring at you , see it ? note how far forward my lever squeeze is , comp aired to yours?  tightening up the end points of that pull rod , eliminates the response / failure  spot , to engage  quadrant  spring slide pin . lets you get  total  slide / function of that pin . grease / lubricate as you go , test for gain / improvement . this is a typical attachment  issue , weather its linkage , pulleys , spring pull on rusty areas . it all adds up , every place I  did this , is better , pto ever engagement points . mule drive set up , snow blower belt drive idler frame set up , went from a  rusty sled drag , to  a smooth / easy  transfer of power . have to warn you , opposition to many of my  changes , freaks  others out , but using these changes , makes a huge  difference , pete 

Wheelhorse#1

Thanks @Peter lena 

I went through all the cable and tightened them up.Lubed everything as per your instructions.All is working smooth now,clicks into place as it should.

I like that Hime joint add on ,I may just add that in the future to take some of that slop out ! 
thx 

• Excellent 1

peter lena

@Wheelhorse#1    thanks for the shout , just that added little tweaking  is something  I  have found to make a real difference ,  used a threaded rod  to match up to a  larger female  / 90 , get back to you with size . there is a perfect hole on bottom of that  steering quadrant .  have years on it now , solid smooth ,   glad to help , pete 

• Like 1