Gunny

857 with RM 327 RD assembly

Gunny

Completeing a restore on my Dad's first dealer purchased WH. 

Got to a point where the old saying "I'll remember where that goes" has once again failed.

The pics have the assembly for engaging/disengaging the mower.  I am missing something on the assembly that will keep the trip lever lockd in place.

Most likely have missed something else as well.  Any assistance will help.

There hasn't been a mower deck on here in about 30 years, always had a front blade attached.  It has always been the dirt/gravel/chicken litter mover.

Have already completed the Mower Deck.

Thanks,

Dennis

Mower 1.jpg

• Like 2

squonk

IMG_20230121_133145968.jpg.4448880bd3cca653e170891ab81f6cc6.jpgYour missing the roll pin that goes into that hole in the stirrup bar and the return spring.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@Gunny    in addition  , detail in that plow  steering quadrant,  slide pin should slide like a rifle bolt , done a few of them , red aerosol grease ,  squeeze lever  rod  typically  sloppy , its the operational detailing that brings to  easy swinging , life pete 

• Like 1

Gunny

Thanks!  I have the return spring and roll pins.  Appreciate the assistance and picture!

Should be good now.

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Do you have any pictures of the rest of the progress?  Looks awesome!

Gunny

I can do that.  Slow going down here, been raining and cold this week.  My bones don't like this kind of weather.  Plus not real good for painting.

Was able to paint the motor this weekend.  Waiting to finish getting the minor dings and dents out of the Hood, Fender and Belt Guard.  Trying to decide if I really want them out, or keep them in.  As I mentioned, Dad had this when I was much younger, went through 8 Grand Kids, 11 Great Grand Kids, most of the dents and dings belong to one of them!  I think I will get go ahead and fix them all.  That will stop the kids from bragging on which dent was their's!

Motor.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

oliver2-44

Nice Restoration, its good to see your still active with the horses.   Not many of us Texans working the Wheel Horses since their sort of skittish to be found around here!. 

WHGuy413

Awesome work. Can’t wait to see more progress shots and the finished product. Keep up the great work.