ebinmaine

Filing points. What do you use?

lynnmor
2 hours ago, oldlineman said:

I don't know but I have a 1979 c-101 that I bought new and has had one set of points and condenser in its life. I can not remember cleaning the points more than 1 or 2 times. This tractor has alotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt of mowing and snow plowing time on it. Have I just been lucky or what. I have never had a lot of issues with points or condensers.I would not hesitate to use 400 600 wet dry paper for cleaning points if needed.  Bob 

You must have a condenser that is well matched.  Never change out one that is working well and the points aren't developing a pit on one side and a lump on the other.

• Like 1

953 nut
11 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

find it extremely interesting that so many of us including myself have a longstanding and successful habit of using exactly what we have been told for generations NOT to do.

The dollar bill cleaning was probably started by someone who prints money at the US Mint and was afraid he would be out of a job if we didn't abuse paper currency!       :laughing-rolling:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

lynnmor
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

The dollar bill cleaning was probably started by someone who prints money at the US Mint and was afraid he would be out of a job if we didn't abuse paper currency!       :laughing-rolling:

I bought a number of NOS points for my Homelite chainsaws that came with a little strip of paper in each pack.

• Like 2

c-series don

Here’s what I use for a points file, it’s a points file!! It was given to me years ago by my neighbor. The same guy that owns the Bronco 14 with the loader. 

4D9F1F7C-8C2A-4679-AE56-B1017F3E58BC.jpeg

• Like 2