T-Mo

Allis Chalmers Factory Tour

SylvanLakeWH

very interesting!!!

Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I worked for Allis Chalmers Hydro Turbine Division in York, Pa. from 1964 until the 1987 bankruptcy forced its sale to Voith Hydro in Heidenheim, Germany.

Then continued to work for Voith for another 20 years until my retirement.       Most of my time was spent designing, manufacturing and testing model hydro turbines for new hydro sites and for upgrades to existing plants around the world.

Thank you for posting the West Allis video.      It brings back 50 years of good memories.

• Like 5

c-series don

Thank you for posting that! Very interesting! I recently went to Appleton, Wisconsin to the Pierce fire truck factories. Just when you think things like that aren’t going on in America anymore, they are! I was also there around 15 years ago and the factory has definitely grown since. They let us walk through the entire facility and it was truly amazing. We saw trucks going from concept to completion. Other manufacturers are there as well, Oshkosh, Miller welders and many others. As we were leaving I was happy to see this facility thriving and thought THIS is America. People like this and the people in that video are what help make America great. God bless our great country 🇺🇸

• Like 5

Horse Newbie
41 minutes ago, c-series don said:

People like this and the people in that video are what help make America great. God bless our great country

:flags-usa:

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

voith hydro factory tour in york pa video - Search (bing.com)

Here is a short video of the "now" Voith Hydro Turbine plant in York,Pa.     There are few "then" shots  when it was Allis Chalmers.

Sorry to go off topic, but many do not know Allis Chalmers was a world leader in the design and manufacturing of massive hydro turbines and generators.

The Grand Coulee Francis Turbines that were developed in the lab with a 300HP model produced just over 1,000,000 HP  each.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Handy Don

My Dad was an industrial engineer in various factories over his career and I got to visit most of them. Seeing raw materials become finished products is pretty awesome.

• Like 1