Thompson1276

Hydro Getting Slower

Thompson1276

I have a 1276 and I recently fixed a charging issue I had thanks to some people on the forums , and getting it out and really any time I get it out it pretty slow like I could walk faster than it now if i wanted , it has plenty and plenty of torque still. It has the SunStrand Hydro , it dosnt make a sound it never really has makes a slight wind that’s just normal always has done that , and fluid has been changed to what that year and model recommended and filter replaced with a NOS Wheel Horse filter same numbers , if anyone can explain what’s goin on or if it’s just wearing down or what , and I’m not planning to replace the whole transmission I’ll rebuild it if something’s wrong and also if you know a place where I can get the rebuild kits if it does need it that would help,

I think I have some pics of the transmission before I rebuilt the tractor I’ll put in one might have a number I forgot 

This is not the transmission rn it’s already on the tractor and repainted but a old pic I had when rebuilding 

B5C2287E-999D-462F-91CC-9E6442ACFA73.jpeg

daveoman1966

To correct the slow speed (1) MAYBE the  nylon CAM 5996 and ECCENTRIC 5995 are either badly worn or out of adjustment.  You can get the cam for about $20, but the ECCENTRIC is NLA.  (2)The is an adjustment to compensate for wear...follow the NEUTRAL ADJUSTMENT on this manual page. (3) If 1 and 2 don't resolve the problem, you MAY be looking at a pump overhaul....not so difficult.  I prepared this .pdf file as a guide for members to do the overhaul.  Download your leisure.    

5995 (6).jpg

FR 1.jpg

SUNDSTRAND HYDROGEAR refurb.pdf

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Thompson1276
11 minutes ago, daveoman1966 said:

To correct the slow speed (1) MAYBE the  nylon CAM 5996 and ECCENTRIC 5995 are either badly worn or out of adjustment.  You can get the cam for about $20, but the ECCENTRIC is NLA.  (2)The is an adjustment to compensate for wear...follow the NEUTRAL ADJUSTMENT on this manual page. (3) If 1 and 2 don't resolve the problem, you MAY be looking at a pump overhaul....not so difficult.  I prepared this .pdf file as a guide for members to do the overhaul.  Download your leisure.    

5995 (6).jpg

FR 1.jpg

SUNDSTRAND HYDROGEAR refurb.pdf 3.27 MB · 0 downloads

I’ll keep this in mind thank you I’ll check in tomorrow when it’s daylight

953 nut

The cam is the most likely problem.

Is your hydraulic lift good and strong? If it is the pump is fine. Is it slow in both directions or only in forward?

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1