Thompson1276

Generator Warning light

Thompson1276

So I’m going to say straight up yes I’m wrong and I found the generator warning light should be …Off when running but I have deep problem I personally don’t understand 

so ever since I replaced the dead bulb in the warning lights it’s Always been on and it lying because it leaves me stranded and since it has points and condenser I can just make it a pull start like I did my sears because it need the battery 

But I have replaced the starter with 3 different ones and it still won’t charge back and the wiring all works and it brings back 13-14 volts from the charging system 

the battery a 1 year old Decka Top post round post 600 AH battery I spent too much on $185 had a casing defect but the warranty didn’t cover it it leaked a little acid and I sealed it with superglue atleast many other battery stores told me to do and it tested good on a load test so it’s fine but still did this before I’m bout ******* tired of going out when I snow storm hits to find it dead even after leavin it on the jumper box for 2 hours it does after the 2nd time I have to run it 

the light for my starter generator warning light Flickers on and off not fully on

i have headlights on it but never on but also did this before I added lights and lights didn’t affect it anyways 

has a seperate ignition and solonoid

and is hooked up the normal hook up route from the owners manual says for the 1276 the model of this wheel horse 1276 from 1966 and all starter generators I used are Delco Remys and not Chinese but I don’t know I went to small engine school and I still don’t know what could be the issue if it’s all hooked up right all works and pushes back 13-14 volt from the regulator one to the cig other to the way it says  

CBA44320-E032-4D8B-A6EB-9876BE4D8E38.jpeg

DE57832D-57E9-4694-9416-4985E96FE836.jpeg

• Confused 1

squonk

Did you check the regulator. I had a 1075 that would charge and the light was on all the time and got brighter if the RPM was increased. I swapped the regulator for the heck of it and the light works as it should now.

• Like 3

pfrederi

Is your  regulator 3 or 4 terminal.  In the picture i can't see a wire from the regulator to the A on the genny...

• Like 3

squonk
24 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Is your  regulator 3 or 4 terminal.  In the picture i can't see a wire from the regulator to the A on the genny...

That wire was burned on my 1075. He may have the same issue.

• Like 4

Thompson1276
1 hour ago, pfrederi said:

3 terminal and all cables work and are there 

• Like 1

Thompson1276
1 hour ago, squonk said:

No wires are burned out all in good shape 

• Like 1

Thompson1276
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Did you check the regulator. I had a 1075 that would charge and the light was on all the time and got brighter if the RPM was increased. I swapped the regulator for the heck of it and the light works as it should now.

Brings 13-14 volt from the regulator

• Like 1

Thompson1276
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Double checked it and I was wrong I’ll admit it I <censored>ed up but I never seen it on when I got it because this is how it was set up before I rebuilt it I never knew there was wire from the bottom pin which I didn’t knew existed to the A on the generator thank you so much I’ll have to buy some ends will normal 12 gauge wire work?

8CC453CE-F591-42ED-B07E-B01D51F85819.jpeg

• Like 2

953 nut
3 hours ago, Thompson1276 said:

seperate ignition and solonoid

and is hooked up the normal hook up route from the owners manual says for the 1276

Your 1276 did not have a solenoid when it left the factory and your wiring diagram has none. Use this drawing as aguide for wiring a S/G and Solenoid. You will want to use a 103-990 ignition switch.

5b202ef98cc34_wiring-starter-generatorwithbatteryignition.jpg.24ab0ca0cab6d9b8f7d7ffb2a7a42fbc.jpg

• Like 2

Thompson1276
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

Your 1276 did not have a solenoid when it left the factory and your wiring diagram has none. Use this drawing as aguide for wiring a S/G and Solenoid. You will want to use a 103-990 ignition switch.

5b202ef98cc34_wiring-starter-generatorwithbatteryignition.jpg.24ab0ca0cab6d9b8f7d7ffb2a7a42fbc.jpg

Already got a solonoid on it and it plannin to have empty holes I know it didn’t have one I seen another diagram a little better that I was able to find for later wheel horse that worked my solonoid is fine and ignition was replaced in being rebuilt with a Dorman and Solonoid is new too

953 nut
10 hours ago, Thompson1276 said:

Already got a solonoid on it and it plannin to have empty holes I know it didn’t have one I seen another diagram a little better that I was able to find for later wheel horse that worked my solonoid is fine and ignition was replaced in being rebuilt with a Dorman and Solonoid is new too

So everything is working perfectly the way you have it and you don't need any assistance from us?

• Like 1

Thompson1276
On 1/3/2023 at 7:04 AM, 953 nut said:

So everything is working perfectly the way you have it and you don't need any assistance from us?

Nope got it fixed now my owners manual for the 1276 never mentions a wire from the bottom bracket of the Voltage Reg to the A terminal but the year after 1277 did have it so it must’ve been a fluke in the manual itself thank you 

• Excellent 1

pfrederi
9 hours ago, Thompson1276 said:

Nope got it fixed now my owners manual for the 1276 never mentions a wire from the bottom bracket of the Voltage Reg to the A terminal but the year after 1277 did have it so it must’ve been a fluke in the manual itself thank you 

The wire from the Regulator to the Generator A terminal was provided by Kohler and has  Kohler part #