Sign in to follow this  
wildhorse1225

Paint

wildhorse1225

I have been restoring a 1971 Wheel Horse Bronco 14. It has a 14 hp Kohler engine with the hydrostatic transmission. I have painted the frame the original color that was on it along with the parts but not the motor. I have thought about painting it a different color to let the engine stand out. If ya'll could give me some ideas to match the original red paint on all the parts and the frame. I will take your ideas and figure out what color to go with.

By the way I will let ya'll know what color I choose.

One of many Wheel Horse owners

David

TT

:thumbs: (yes - I moved your post :ychain: )

A Bronco II is a Ford, so you must mean a Bronco 14. They were only built in 1971 and 1972, so yours isn't a 1968.

As far as your terminology goes.... if you are "restoring" the tractor, then the engine needs to be red. If you are just repainting it or doing a resto-mod (as they call it in the automobile world) then you can paint it any color you like.

Black seems to be a good alternate engine color and was used on many of the newer models. Painting it linen beige (off-white) would probably be a mistake due to the oil and heat (and dirt) and an even bigger mistake would be painting it green or yellow. :thumbs2:

Coadster32

I say, paint it whatever color you want. It's yours. I like things to stand out on my tractors. If the enigine runs good and doesn't leak, white looks really good. I had couple of white, (off white/cream) color motors and they looked really nice. :thumbs2:

I do agree to stay away from Geen and Yellow though.