Treepep

C-120

SylvanLakeWH

When you drained it, did you have the front end up as high as you could get it? There is a bump in the base of the trans that blocks full drainage...

Treepep
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

When you drained it, did you have the front end up as high as you could get it? There is a bump in the base of the trans that blocks full drainage...

Yes sir.  Had lower and side plugs out and drained the milk. Walked the dogs.  Lifted and waited.  Ran a half quart clean in and went up n down the driveway.  Same thing than refilled.  I will probably run a few months and drain again.  Thoughts?

• Like 1

oliver2-44
52 minutes ago, Treepep said:

I will probably run a few months and drain again.  Thoughts?

That’s what I like to do. Run it to get it nice and warm and give it another drain/fill

• Like 2

WHX??

Don't think it was mentioned but check the shifter boot & replace if required. That's usually how the oil gets milky. My horses get caught in the rain too. 

• Like 1

Treepep
25 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Don't think it was mentioned but check the shifter boot & replace if required. That's usually how the oil gets milky. My horses get caught in the rain too. 

Boot is terrible and it lived outside.  Not cool.  Is that available from Lincoln or other venders?  It wont be outside in the weather ever again:D  Many thanks

• Like 1

TractorEd
10 minutes ago, Treepep said:

Boot is terrible and it lived outside.  Not cool.  Is that available from Lincoln or other venders?  It wont be outside in the weather ever again:D  Many thanks

Toro still sells them.  torodealer.com

Part # 3577

ebay at has them too.

so does a-z tractor & cheap.

Edited by TractorEd

Treepep
8 minutes ago, TractorEd said:

Toro still sells them.  torodealer.com

Thank you sir!  In due time. 

SylvanLakeWH

Yes Lowell has them as well...

Handy Don

Keep a spare!?

Treepep
On 2/22/2023 at 3:43 PM, WHX?? said:

I just replaced the master bathroom flapper.  turns out it is nearly exactly the same diameter hole and shape if you invert.  I bought a new one for a fraction of the price and put a snug rubber washer on top to really seal.  Not pretty but super affordable.    Also called a dust cover as I found searching the interwebs.  Thanks to all!

• Like 4

peter lena

@Treepep  right under that plug area , bottom of trans  there is an ALLEN SCREW IN PLUG , , usually packed with dirt , clean out , remove plug and drain , also lift up front end off ground , about a foot to enhance drainage , would use fuel oil / atf as a drive around flushing agent , then refill  2 qts of 80/90 gear oil also replace shift boot , and lubricate related clutch linkage . lots of things I  would do , on first stage , would definitely  add Zink to my first oil change , get some time on that to help flush out crud , done this a number of times , road time , this takes time , its not a one and done . currently doing the same deal on a 312-8 . hours into it now , getting to cosmetic salvation stage , pete 

• Excellent 1

ohiofarmer

when I clean them out at the transmission, I spray some kerosine or even some 0-w 16 oil from my Toyota in the trans. I have a one gallon gas can with a nipple that I fit a clear tube on and a shop vac over the pour spout hole. It sucks each and every bit of crud out of the trans oil so long as you elevate the tractor front as high as possible.

I find that the O-W16 full synthetic that I run at half the recommended mileage to oil change is a pretty decent penetrating oil and cleaning agent in its own right and you can always add some mineral spirits to make it even thinner..

I I even use old solvents as fire starter for my pellet boiler. Just throw some wood pellets in an old can, add whatever used mix of solvent to the pellets and shake until they are coated. If done correctly, there is no violent whoosh when I touch the torch to them and they burn long enough to light the dry fuel as it advances from the hopper.  Commercial pellet igniter is just gelled alcohol after all.

• Like 2

John2189
On 2/21/2023 at 1:14 PM, Treepep said:

Well,. New to me.  We finally got together on price.  Now I have a breeding pair.  Eight years difference shouldn't matter 😉

PXL_20230220_190226071.jpg

PXL_20230220_203712835.jpg

PXL_20230220_190407217.jpg

PXL_20230220_190359211.jpg

PXL_20230220_190319845.jpg

PXL_20230220_190256283.MP.jpg

PXL_20230220_190244073.jpg

PXL_20230220_190236337.jpg

PXL_20230220_190230506.jpg

In the first picture, I wonder what they used that conduit clamp for?

Nice tractor. 

Edited by John2189
  • Excellent 1

TractorEd
26 minutes ago, John2189 said:

I wonder what they used that conduit clamp for?

Probably to hold the Mr. Microphone for cat-calling passers-by.

”Hey!  I’ll be back to pick you up later!”

Edited by TractorEd

953 nut
36 minutes ago, John2189 said:

I wonder what they used that conduit clamp for?

:confusion-confused:     Drink holder for those itty bitty liquor bottles they gave away on airliners years ago.

PXL_20230220_190226071.jpgMini Liquor Key Chain, Miniature Handmade Mini Liquor Bottle

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

John2189
10 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:confusion-confused:     Drink holder for those itty bitty liquor bottles they gave away on airliners years ago.

PXL_20230220_190226071.jpgMini Liquor Key Chain, Miniature Handmade Mini Liquor Bottle

I like that idea. 

• Haha 1

Treepep
11 hours ago, John2189 said:

In the first picture, I wonder what they used that conduit clamp for?

Nice tractor. 

Good eye.  I had the same thought.  Cigar holder whilst mowing.  Such a small space...umm...mini driver for carb adjustment.  I am not sure 

Treepep
On 3/3/2023 at 8:49 AM, John2189 said:

I like that idea. 

The clutch safety and the P.T.O safety need replacing.  Probably not a huge deal and hopefully available?  I am guessing the clamp held a small screwdriver so that one could turn the key and cross the solenoid.  I have them defeated with fuses at the moment until I can acquire parts.

Thanks guys,  Happy horsing!