Treepep

C-120

Treepep

Does anyone know what an approximate value they would place on a running/driving C-120  No implements or mower just tractor.  Good original paint/metal.  Going to look at one today.   

Many thanks

• Like 1

Pullstart

It’s really hard to say without pictures, videos, etc.  $250-500 maybe?  

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

Treepep

Thanks guys.  I do not see very many in my area and when I do newer models are for sale for 1000-2500.  Out of my range for a project.  Thanks again I will post pictures if I purchase

• Like 3

Sailman

I am located in the south too and they are not as available down here, however, if you follow market place and Craigslist you will find them. I have 2 C-120's I picked up over time. One C-120 Hydro came with a plow, disc and push blade and I think I paid $400. The second was a C-120 Hydro with Hydro lift and mower deck and I think it was around $350. Condition is typical well used, faded paint, half worn tires but didn't take much to get them working well. Had to put head gasket on the $400 but new it needed that when I bought it. $250 - $400 without any implements. Post picture if you can.

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

Prices are going to vary widely depending on where you live and the market there. Just be patient, tell friends what you are looking for and someone may help you out. Keep looking!! 

Randy

WHX??
On 12/7/2022 at 9:06 AM, Treepep said:

Thanks again I will post pictures if I purchase

Put some up you buy or not!

:banana-gotpics:

Treepep

01414_8Rc0brouNbHz_0iP0CI_1200x900.jpg

• Like 3

squonk

$250 tops

• Like 3

RandyLittrell
3 hours ago, squonk said:

$250 tops

They would want double or triple that in my area!! 

Randy

• Like 1

peter lena

@Treepep  if you get that  , looks like a perfect candidate for a aerosol  penetrating lubrication spray down , to save patina , as part of your recovery  ideas ,  if you like rust , don't do anything , pete

• Like 2

Lee1977

I would give it a good cleaning,  that hood may be just dirt, but if it's rust we are too damp around here it needs new paint to protect it. 

Looks to be a 1974 or 75 with the narrow front rims. I would go as high as $400 if it runs.

Edited by Lee1977

Treepep
On 12/13/2022 at 9:29 AM, peter lena said:

@Treepep  if you get that  , looks like a perfect candidate for a aerosol  penetrating lubrication spray down , to save patina , as part of your recovery  ideas ,  if you like rust , don't do anything , pete

Thats what I would do!  I already have one "pretty" one.  I would like another to mess with but will not overpay.  Life is about perspective so.. I got my GT-14 for free so Sometimes i think I could overpay for another but I cannot let myself:D

Thanks to all.  So far not accepting my offer.  Has gone down 125 buck on his add so there is hope

• Like 3

peter lena

@Treepep  thats still a good price , probably  not that bad , think I  would pick it up , get the operational basics covered , and the rest would be an on going project . only my own view , pete

Treepep
4 hours ago, peter lena said:

@Treepep  thats still a good price , probably  not that bad , think I  would pick it up , get the operational basics covered , and the rest would be an on going project . only my own view , pete

Down 125 from 525. is what i meant. Not paying 400.  Interested but... No 

• Like 2

peter lena

@Treepep   ok got you now , did not know the starting point , condition general look , bee Leary myself , pete  

Tuneup

Yeah, if the engine ran well and she really needed nothing to go mowing - including a deck, I might give $400. No attachments, $250 max, as was said. But, if you really want it . . . it's in better shape than my '77 which is missing its cover hardware but mine was free with a 42 RD so . . .

• Like 2

Treepep

Well,. New to me.  We finally got together on price.  Now I have a breeding pair.  Eight years difference shouldn't matter 😉

PXL_20230220_190226071.jpg

PXL_20230220_203712835.jpg

PXL_20230220_190407217.jpg

PXL_20230220_190359211.jpg

PXL_20230220_190319845.jpg

PXL_20230220_190256283.MP.jpg

PXL_20230220_190244073.jpg

PXL_20230220_190236337.jpg

PXL_20230220_190230506.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

kpinnc
1 hour ago, Treepep said:

Now I have a breeding pair.  Eight years difference shouldn't matter 😉

Congrats! Looks like great potential, and a C120 8-speed should be a solid worker!

She's got that "NC swamp fresh brown" color. I don't know what makes them brown here, but I've gotten used to it over the years. 

Shed kept or not, they all turn brown in NC. 

Edited by kpinnc
  • Haha 1

Treepep
2 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Thank you for the information.  I hope there is capacity and type of fluid for the uni drive.  Has some condensation.  Pretty milky.  At least it has fluid???

TractorEd

Yes, the manuals state the capacities and types.  Engine holds about 2 quarts, sae 30, but get some higher zinc content oil the engine will appreciate it.  I can’t find the trans oil that the manual calls for: 90W-140 gl-5 gear oil, but 85w-140 GL-5 works just fine and can be found fairly easily.  About 2 quarts in the trans, too.

I think she’s a nice looking machine!

Edited by TractorEd
  • Excellent 1

Treepep
44 minutes ago, TractorEd said:

Yes, the manuals state the capacities and types.  Engine holds about 2 quarts, sae 30, but get some higher zinc content oil the engine will appreciate it.  I can’t find the trans oil that the manual calls for: 90W-140 gl-5 gear oil, but 85w-140 GL-5 works just fine and can be found fairly easily.  About 2 quarts in the trans, too.

I think she’s a nice looking machine!

Many thanks to all.  Starts cold without smoke.  She runs and drives great.  I got it home and it would not start.  Bad ground and PTO safety was the second culprit.  I will rewire otherwise It will be my dedicated dump trailer hauler.  I love it like it is.  Thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Treepep

So.  Dumb question.  Every piece of old equipment I own when you are filling and it starts weeping out from this plug it is full.  That happened at 1qt exactly.  Is 2 quarts necessary?

PXL_20230222_181006700.MP.jpg

PXL_20230222_181012536.jpg

Treepep
11 minutes ago, Treepep said:

So.  Dumb question.  Every piece of old equipment I own when you are filling and it starts weeping out from this plug it is full.  That happened at 1qt exactly.  Is 2 quarts necessary?

PXL_20230222_181006700.MP.jpg

PXL_20230222_181012536.jpg

Dipstick says yes.  Sorry