"Manic-Mechanic"

Snapper/Massey 1650 Cab Door Search

"Manic-Mechanic"

Hello,

I have a Snapper/Massey 1650 with a Cab. Missing a set of doors. Any idea who might have made this Cab? Also, is it easier just to leave them off, with respect to visibility?

310159946_5861449937201161_4039816994323230074_n.jpg

310237881_5861449850534503_8532706208289334413_n.jpg

310631080_5861443663868455_8557071884884411311_n.jpg

ri702bill

Nice!! You may wish to search "The Original Tractor Cab Company" - they have a heading you may want to explore...

Bill

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Manic-Mechanic"
45 minutes ago, ri702bill said:

Nice!! You may wish to search "The Original Tractor Cab Company" - they have a heading you may want to explore...

Bill

Yes, I believe that is the origin after browsing a bit. Sent them an e-mail, we'll see next week. I bet if their NOS gonna be $:eusa-think:

ri702bill

Good things are not cheap. Cheap things are not good...... Pick one - stick with it.

(i was once behind schedule assembling a custom assembly machine station - caught a lecture from my supervisor - I stopped him mid sentance & told him "you want it right, or right now - pick one, I need to know"....He wandered off...)

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

"Manic-Mechanic"
1 hour ago, ri702bill said:

Good things are not cheap. Cheap things are not good...... Pick one - stick with it.

(i was once behind schedule assembling a custom assembly machine station - caught a lecture from my supervisor - I stopped him mid sentance & told him "you want it right, or right now - pick one, I need to know"....He wandered off...)

Yea, that's very true. Having everything as it as engineered is something I strive for and at times make improvements...

• Like 2

sergeant

I actually think that is a Sims Cab https://www.cabdepot.com/

• Like 2

"Manic-Mechanic"
6 hours ago, sergeant said:

I actually think that is a Sims Cab https://www.cabdepot.com/

They do not stock anything for Massey 1650 nor Snapper 1650, if they did one door would be more than I spent on the whole lot...

sergeant

The Problem Is  That tractor You Have hasn't been Made In 38 years Most Cab companies Makes components a year or two after the Tractor Leaves Production. Original Cab was the exception 

But Sims Might give You some Ideas with there Old Cabs

Here is what an original Cab Looked Like for a snapper and here here is a Sims Cab for a Cub Cadet They uses roll up curtains for the side Doors On the Sims

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 06-37-23 Snapper 1650 with snow thrower and cab.png

Sims.jpg

Edited by sergeant
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

"Manic-Mechanic"
10 hours ago, sergeant said:

The Problem Is  That tractor You Have hasn't been Made In 38 years Most Cab companies Makes components a year or two after the Tractor Leaves Production. Original Cab was the exception 

But Sims Might give You some Ideas with there Old Cabs

Here is what an original Cab Looked Like for a snapper and here here is a Sims Cab for a Cub Cadet They uses roll up curtains for the side Doors On the Sims

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 06-37-23 Snapper 1650 with snow thrower and cab.png

Sims.jpg

I seen another cab on a snapper for sale, it had the black roll up doors. Yea, older stuff is hit & miss for sure, but turns up at the least expect it times!

sergeant
1 hour ago, "Manic-Mechanic" said:

I seen another cab on a snapper for sale, it had the black roll up doors. Yea, older stuff is hit & miss for sure, but turns up at the least expect it times!

I wonder if You Could Invest In this https://us.bercomac.com/taxons/category/cab/cab-for-l-g-tractor either the 34 or 40 inch Cab and Maybe Make Your Owns doors Out of the Material  or just simply throw it Over Your Cab frame :handgestures-thumbupleft:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

"Manic-Mechanic"
3 hours ago, sergeant said:

I wonder if You Could Invest In this https://us.bercomac.com/taxons/category/cab/cab-for-l-g-tractor either the 34 or 40 inch Cab and Maybe Make Your Owns doors Out of the Material  or just simply throw it Over Your Cab frame :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I would probably run without them, kinda used to being in the Snow, wouldn't turn down a set tho'. I can design a pair and install a set of pin hinges? Next I'll want a heater and a radio!

sergeant
2 hours ago, "Manic-Mechanic" said:

I would probably run without them, kinda used to being in the Snow, wouldn't turn down a set tho'. I can design a pair and install a set of pin hinges? Next I'll want a heater and a radio!

The electric Heaters are alright. Nothing to write home about

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

"Manic-Mechanic"
16 hours ago, sergeant said:

The electric Heaters are alright. Nothing to write home about

Radio? Lol:music-listening:

sergeant
1 hour ago, "Manic-Mechanic" said:

Radio? Lol:music-listening:

I have one On My John Deere 2025R compact tractor with Tektite Cab  what Funny when I Put all the LED Lights On FM doesn't come In :lol: something not shielded right On the Cab's wiring harness

The electric Heaters Might Be fine On Your Cab because You will have two Hard-side Panels . I only tried and electric Heater In My Original Cab Here is the heater I used https://www.wiedmannbros.com/12-Volt-Direct-Hook-Up-Ceramic-HeaterFan_p_524.html

actually Came with this Cab https://www.wiedmannbros.com/All-Weather-Cab-for-John-Deere-1-Family-Tractors_p_6058.html

Not a very good designed Cab for My Previous john Deere 1025R(but that's another story) But I will say the Cab  skin Material was a Nice Fabric You Might be able to adapt some of there UTV door Kits to You tractor Cab https://www.seizmik.com/product-category/framed-door-kits/ Not cheap Kits But it Might work with Your hard Cab :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Rick3478
52 minutes ago, sergeant said:

I have one On My John Deere 2025R compact tractor with Tektite Cab  what Funny when I Put all the LED Lights On FM doesn't come In :lol: something not shielded right On the Cab's wiring harness

Probably the lights themselves.  Most of these LED bulbs have an electronic voltage converter circuit built in, and the quality of some is pretty bad.  They can generate a lot of RF noise.  Replace with whatever incandescent bulb fits, and I bet the radio works.

sergeant
48 minutes ago, Rick3478 said:

Probably the lights themselves.  Most of these LED bulbs have an electronic voltage converter circuit built in, and the quality of some is pretty bad.  They can generate a lot of RF noise.  Replace with whatever incandescent bulb fits, and I bet the radio works.

I usually listen to and I-pod through it anyway so that isn't Interfered with,  the Only time it Interferes is when I turn On The top cab Lights anyway which I don't turn the on very often Usually the side Cab  LEDs and the  Headlight LEDS are fine . I only turn On the Top when I clear the streets ends so the Highway Plows see m.e Were a Private rd so we Hire are roads done by a plow service and  They can't be there constantly :handgestures-thumbupleft: