David phillips

I'm passing all safety and fuses and relays

David phillips

is anybody know how to bypass the relays and fuses and everything on a wheel horse just so that you have a start and then a kill switch

• Like 1

pacer

Gonna have to have a leeeetle bit more info --- type/model, what engine, points or electronic, etc,

But, FWIW one of the first things I do with one of these old tractors in strip it all out and go back with a on/off/start switch.

• Excellent 1

Snoopy11
58 minutes ago, pacer said:

Gonna have to have a leeeetle bit more info --- type/model, what engine, points or electronic, etc,

Yessir, I agree that it can be done... relatively easily. I don't recommend it on a mowing machine though!!! :snooty:

Don

lynnmor

These tractors worked when new, there is no need to strip out safety devices.  This forum frowns on doing things like that as well.  Simply find your problem and correct it.  Look for the Demystification Guide in the Manuals section and download it, then you can see simplified wiring diagrams.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:         Be safe, we will help you troubleshoot and correct the problems you are facing.      :WRS:      Let us know what model you have and what problem you are attempting to correct.

kpinnc
5 hours ago, David phillips said:

is anybody know how to bypass the relays and fuses and everything on a wheel horse just so that you have a start and then a kill switch

I'm gonna make a completely wild guess here, because there are too many models to know for sure. Most 300/400/500 series tractors fit generally into this, and this does not include low oil or other safeties on newer machines:

Seat switch: typically only used while the PTO is engaged. Normally not needed for start circuit completion.

Dual PTO switches (or circuit): one is part of the "start" interlock and the other is tied to the seat switch to shut down the engine if the operator leaves the seat while engaged. 

Clutch switch: manual tranny only. Requires PTO disengagement to allow engine start. 

The newest "classic" tractors had a magnetic switch for the neutral position of the gear shift, in series with the start circuit.

In short- depending on what your tractor is NOT doing can determine which direction to troubleshoot. Meaning no attempt to start is troubleshot differently than no ignition. 

• Like 1

Pullstart

My guess is the 300 series in his profile :handgestures-thumbupright:

EA783923-F968-4BD4-939A-3BDBF9197865.jpeg

lynnmor
42 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

My guess is the 300 series in his profile :handgestures-thumbupright:

Just look at the mess in his other post.  

Blasterdad

Bypassing fuses is not a good idea, if anything shorts out it will MELT your wiring & more than likely catch on fire...:scared-eek: 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

formariz
On 11/14/2022 at 3:50 PM, David phillips said:

What you are asking is very possibly known and easy to do by just about everyone in this forum. With a little research you can also accomplish that by yourself. However just as everyone here will know how to do it, possibly also , no one will venture on giving you such instructions. Not because they are not willing to help, but because it would be irresponsible for them to do so. All electric components in your tractor are there for a reason many of them for the safety of the user. Not knowing you or who else and for what purpose tractor will be used, not only it would be a liability but it would also weigh very heavy on someone’s mind should something bad happen due to such modifications. It is best to determine what is not working and why, and correct it. For that you will not only find willing participants but most likely also the best and most qualified help that can be found anywhere. Not only you will have the satisfaction of a properly working tractor but also the knowledge gained in the process. I understand that you may be overwhelmed and frustrated with what you have, but with a little time and patience there is a lot to be gained by fixing it correctly.

• Excellent 5
  • Heart 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

Well said.

And :text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 2

Lee1977

The 312 if it;s been stored out side it can be rusted screws that attach the plate where the switch is mounted. The switch has to be grounded.. I had that problem on mine. Mine would usually start but it could take a couple of tries.

• Like 3