"Manic-Mechanic"

18 Auto Hydro Gear 102678 Issue

"Manic-Mechanic"

I troubleshoot the Hydro as the Hydro Gear quit moving. I opened the rolling valve and Tractor would not roll. I then removed the Hydro Gear and the shaft was once again protruding. However, not sure if this would restrict flow to the two cylinder's as well? I know before, this had happened with this gear and the two cylinder's still functioned. There is obviously something causing this gear to throw the clip repeatedly

Problematic Gear

Failed Hydro Gear.jpg

Functioning gear. If the Pump still should have moved the two cylinder's regardless of the state of the gear, then I have a second component issue as well.

Maybe dropped set screw in the valve on the pump? (When it rains it poor's)

Functioning Hydro Gear.jpg

Edited by "Manic-Mechanic"

pfrederi

Manual page 50 Hydrogear service note

hydro.JPG

• Excellent 1

pfrederi

Didn't realize you were working on hydro gear ....18 Auto's came with piston to piston....

• Like 1

"Manic-Mechanic"
2 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Manual page 50 Hydrogear service note

hydro.JPG

You are dead on! I followed the trouble-shoot earlier, same page and everything! She wouldn't budge with the rolling valve open! Sure enough replaced the Hydro Gear and she's back to life! Seems better then before. Now the old oil was cruddy before I cleaned & rebuilt everything! The freshly repaired gear is sick, needs totally over-hauled. Using my back up right now.

Still, have another pump had to replace the shaft, but it ran super strong before so...Just glad this pump seems fine and the transaxle is like new....

• Like 1