stolmar

300 series tow valve

stolmar

I have 1, 312 hydro and 1, 312A and I cannot find the tow valve on either. I know I have seen it somewhere on a post in the past. Went back 10 pages and did not see anything. My question is,,, do I have to remove the seat pan to find/open it. I believe one is the eaton 700 and other the 1100. Are the release valves in the same spot

• Like 1

953 nut

The Eaton 1100 has no Tow Valve, just move the motion control lever to the forward position and it can be pushed slowly. I do not have a 700 but do not believe they have a tow valve either.

• Like 1

dcrage

The Eaton 1100 will have a transmission oil filter; the Eaton 700 does not.  My understanding from reading this group for years is that there is NO tow valve on the Eaton 700 transmission. To move tractors equipped with such you need to get a dolly, a floor jack with wheels, etc under the rear axle. For your tractor with the Eaton 1100 it also does not have a tow valve, BUT you can move it short distances by putting the motion control lever in the forward position and then SLOWLY pushing. Don’t try towing with another vehicle for fear of going too fast.  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:    The 312A is manual lift and has the 700.   The 312H has hydraulic lift and has the 1100.

clueless

Had a 312-A, no tow valve, biggest PIA Wheel Horse I ever had when it would quit 50 to 350 feet from the shop. Don't get me wrong it didn't quit often but when it did :ranting::angry-banghead:

Edited by clueless

stolmar

Well guys, thank you for the quick responce as always. I was starting to fear the 1100 was wearing out cause it is getting easier to push, I think. The 700 does not push at all and I have to move it across 2 yards. Trailer it is!!!

• Thanks 1