ohiofarmer

Working on workers

ohiofarmer

So first,there is a 12 horsepower K series 81-K 801 8156. The head is decarboned and it tries a bit to fire. When I hold my thumb over the spark plug hole,not enough pressure to move it. 

IMG_20220923_170734.jpg

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

The next one is a cute little 8 HP. She just runs a treat.  My thoughts are maybe power a hand crank ice cream freezer. I do have a couple of 36 inch RD mowers smuggled from Sylvan Lake MI . I probably should think about that if my brother ever gets too old for his push mower.

IMG_20220923_171319.jpg

IMG_20220923_171336.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ohiofarmer

The next one is a cute little 8 HP. She just runs a treat.  My thoughts are maybe power a hand crank ice cream freezer. I do have a couple of 36 inch RD mowers smuggled from Sylvan Lake MI . I probably should think about that if my brother ever gets too old for his push mower.

IMG_20220923_180923.jpg

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

The big boys are here in a line. First,a 314 Toro/WH and  C160 auto I got recently. The 160 ran decent ,but runs much smoother with a Flitz polish on the needle and seat of the carb.  

The C 160-8 has been here a couple of years. It has a Miata battery shoehorned in and has a beautiful thump while running. There are still twelve total in the heard. I am very fortunate to have found these machines and the non running twelve is the only one I can't figure out

• Like 1

RED-Z06

Needs more compression than that. Check the valve lash

ohiofarmer
On 9/24/2022 at 8:49 AM, RED-Z06 said:

Needs more compression than that. Check the valve lash

Thanks. I was looking for a place to start. I usually just take the head off and lay some penetrating oil in the valve head and see it does not leak through. I will look up the procedure and go through the steps. The cylinder bore looks fairly decent also , but I have gauges for that as well.