TJ5208

Tractor Diff

TJ5208

What's the difference between automatic transpower differential limited slip type and conventional differential. The manual says the Raider 12 and 14 has the automatic transpower differential limited slip type. And the Raider 8 and 10 has a conventional differential.

pfrederi

LTD slip has 10 pinions and a heavy spring to limit slippage...

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

TJ5208

Screenshot 2022-09-22 2.44.18 PM.png

pfrederi

The Raider 8 and 10 will have an open differential .  Will have only 4 pinions

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Not sure what you are asking TJ, but the Sundstrand automatics and the manual WheelHorse transmissions that have limited slip use the same 10 pinion differentials (that is where the Limited Slip is). If you have 8 or 4 pinions, you have regular differentials...and you can have all three differentials in the Sundstrand transaxles.  Check manuals to see what is factory...if it is not factory, you are on your own.  :occasion-xmas:

If you are talking Peerless or Eaton or something else, you are also on your own. :confusion-confused:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2

TJ5208
3 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Not sure what you are asking TJ, but the Sundstrand automatics and the manual WheelHorse transmissions that have limited slip use the same 10 pinion differentials (that is where the Limited Slip is). If you have 8 or 4 pinions, you have regular differentials...and you can have all three differentials in the Sundstrand transaxles.  Check manuals to see what is factory...if it is not factory, you are on your own.  :occasion-xmas:

If you are talking Peerless or Eaton or something else, you are also on your own. :confusion-confused:

I just seen it in the manual and was curious.

Edited by TJ Salyers

JimSraj

To add to TJ’s list of tractors with limited slip, if I remember correctly someone said they thought the trans in 1967 T1267 that I’m about to open up will be a 10 pinion. It’s definitely  a hi low 3 speed with reverse and 1-1/8” axles. I’ll know tomorrow. 

squonk

1267 uses the 5060 limited slip. At least mine does anyway.

• Like 1