Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

Bill Pearson's Wheel Horse Hunt

CHARGER9AUTO

I think this picture is when Bill rustled out some Wheel Horses from his dealer notice on his small trailer the '69 Raider 10 6-Speed and my '71 Work Horse 800 3-Speed tractors . Ben :thumbs:

Attached Image

post-3-1202441048.jpg

BPjunk

During that Wheel Horse Hunt 13 Wheel Horses were bagged in only 2 hours! We would load 'em up on a trailer then run 'em to my house to be dropped off and then back out for another load. At another weekend hunt we bagged 9 Wheel Horses but one of the best hunts was bagging a 416-8 (with 245 hours), a C-85, a C-105 and NOS two stage snowblower ..... the price $288.00. The Wheel Horses we bagged got distributed all over the United States, and when the dealer decided to have a auction ..... me and Jerry attended and together we bought a pallet of snow plows as we had already bought every Wheel Horse that was any good out of the dealership. :D

Both the Raider 10 and WORK HORSE 800 were running tractors but as this is being written the Tecumseh HH-100 is off the Raider 10 and at a machine shop ...... getting ... well lets just say ... some improvements! :thumbs::D

The trailer used was my home built 2,000 pound rated special. It cost me $350.00 to make and I sold it 9 years later for the same amount. :thumbs: That trailer had been in North Carolina, West Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Delaware, Indiana and 9 times to Pennsylvania in one year alone. I wished I never sold that trailer. :P

This picture is Jerry's trailer with one of his loads. :P

Bill in Richmond, Va.

Attached Image

post-3-1202528373.jpg