Schmidty

New member here!

Schmidty

Hello All,

I’ve been browsing here for some time and decided I should get active.

I have owned a 312-8 for 25 years.  It had 200 hours on it when purchased.  1989 model I think.  Clock now reads 1517 hours.  Koehler Magnum.  It has been a superb machine. Average about 35-40 hours per year.  Run 30wt oil is summer and 10w30 in winter.  It has always been garaged kept.

We mow grass in summer and blow snow off our 100ft Minnesota driveway each winter. .  I have replaced the ignition switch, and drive belt as well as the mower deck and snowblower belts. Keep it greased and air filter fresh.  Still runs strong!

Last February I purchased a 314-8, yr 2000 model with Koehler Command Pro.  This one looked like a basket case. 4 flat tires, lots of surface rust, rotted seat, but the clock said 217 hrs.??? And the tires looked new.  Mmmm.  Took awhile to get it running as all the saftey switches were inoperative or missing.

Put on a new coil and took a chance on a Chinese carb.  She is now running very nicely.  Did some amateur tin work over the winter, rattle can Rust oleum red and new hood decals and it looks pretty good.( certainly not show quality but I’m satisfied)

Lastly I came across a 516 H.  Yeah, with the Eaton 700 Hydro.  Got it cheap along with a 48” deck and two snow blowers.  Some one had apparently started a restoration on it about 12 years ago and passed away. All the wiring under the hood was laying loose and the gauges are missing.  I’m in the process of sorting out the wiring and installing an ignition switch. Will then see if that Onan will run?

Along with the above I got two cans of Toro red paint in the original shipping boxes and 17 decals for a 516-H. Makes me thing the engine is probably going to be OK as the PO was attempting to restore it??Oh, and I got three, 3 ring binders containing Wheel Horse Shop and Parts manuals.  Many for older wheel horses  60’s and 70’s, snow blowers, mower decks, tillers, plows, wagons, drags etc.

Contact me if you have an interest for an older shop manual.  I’d be interested in selling some of those.  Don’ t know what a fair price would be?

Sorry for the long post!!

Gary, a new guy with the Wheel Horse bug!

• Like 4

JimSraj

Gary,

If you have a shop manual for a 1967 T1267 I’d be interested in knowing what you want for it. 

Jim

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti: Gary!

Heatingman

Welcome. 

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti:
Were like little children and love pictures. 

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 2

Schmidty
1 hour ago, JimSraj said:

Gary,

If you have a shop manual for a 1967 T1267 I’d be interested in knowing what you want for it. 

Jim

Hi Jim,

Yes, there is an original “Owners Manual” for 1067-1267 wheel horse.  It is 12 pages including front and back covers. Good condition, slightly soiled (finger prints?).  Several pages of expanded part illustrations and parts #’s etc. as well as operating instructions.

I could make a copy for you or maybe you are interested in having the original?

I honestly don’t know what a fair and reasonable price would be.  Maybe you or another member can provide some insight?

Thanks Gary

gwest_ca

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

JCM

:text-welcomeconfetti:to   :rs:@Schmidty    From another fan of the 312-8 purchased new in 89, now with 600 hrs. Great tractor  :thumbs:

953 nut

:WRS:

Great introduction. Seems we have a couple of things in common, a love for Wheel Horses and the same last name.      :text-welcomeconfetti:

Schmidty

Thank you all for your warm and friendly responses.  I am truly a beginner when it comes to putting these horses back together and getting them to run as they should.  I’m sure I’ll be asking for advise as I try move forward.

Daddy Don