Inspectorjoe

NOS 36" RD Deck - It's a beautiful thing!

Moparfanforever

UH , WOW !!!!

• Like 2

ri702bill

Almost too purdy to use !!

• Like 2

EB-80/8inPA

I remember seeing that ad and thinking it might be worth the drive east - New Jersey, was it? - but thought the units looked incompatible with my ‘70s era machines’ tach-a-matics.  Did it fit your machine?

• Like 1

c-series don
3 hours ago, ri702bill said:

Exactly what I was thinking! 

• Like 1

Inspectorjoe
22 hours ago, ri702bill said:

I was thinking the same thing. 

As much as I like the patina of original paint, before I mount it, I'm going the paint the tractor. TractorData doesn't have photos of a B-112, so while they're both nice and shiny, I'll take pictures and submit them.

• Like 1

Inspectorjoe
19 hours ago, EB-80/8inPA said:

I remember seeing that ad and thinking it might be worth the drive east - New Jersey, was it? - but thought the units looked incompatible with my ‘70s era machines’ tach-a-matics.  Did it fit your machine?

It was Wayne NJ. The guy is selling thiam for his grandmother, who's husband had a Wheel Horse dealership. I think the other four are still unsold. I'm in eastern PA. I picked it up on my way to a weekend music festival in New Hampshire, so it had a little tour of New England before coming to its permanent home.

I haven't mounted it, but it appears to be a perfect match. It's not compatible with the Attach A Matic mounts of either horizontal or vertical shaft tractors, but I believe the shell is drilled to fit the mounting hardware of those, so if you have that hardware, I believe it would work.

20220818_163105.jpg

20220819_100831.jpg

IMG_9077.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

EB-80/8inPA
4 hours ago, Inspectorjoe said:

but I believe the shell is drilled to fit the mounting hardware of those, so if you have that hardware, I believe it would work.

Thanks!  That’s what it looked like could be done.  I’m not familiar with the B-112; does it have a vertical shaft?  If you could post the model number of the deck, it would surely be appreciated.

• Like 1

Inspectorjoe
2 hours ago, EB-80/8inPA said:

Thanks!  That’s what it looked like could be done.  I’m not familiar with the B-112; does it have a vertical shaft?  If you could post the model number of the deck, it would surely be appreciated.

It's model # 05-36XR01. There are 14 unused attachment point holes in the deck, both square and round. The B-112 is a a vertical shaft, but the mounting system is different from the 200 series. It uses a cable to raise and lower the front of the deck.

I put the model # in Google and a conversion thread from this forum popped up. It looks like it would be really helpful.

Deck conversion thread

• Like 1

EB-80/8inPA
8 hours ago, Inspectorjoe said:

I put the model # in Google and a conversion thread from this forum popped up. It looks like it would be really helpful.

Deck conversion thread

Thanks, that conversion thread is where I would be heading with the number.

Edited by EB-80/8inPA
Reviewed
  • Like 2

c-series don

I remember my dad had a B-115 with that same setup. Also remember it was a pain in the neck to remove the deck. I have what I believe is that cable NOS in my basement if anyone wants it. I think there’s two cables, one long, one short. I have the short one. 

• Like 2