Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

My new C120-Automatic

nylyon

As you know, I've been looking for a C-160 Automatic. I came close today with this C-120 Automatic. Check out the pics.....

IM000001.JPG

IM000002.JPG

IM000003.JPG

IM000004.JPG

Then started to clean it up a little bit.

IM000005.JPG

IM000006.JPG

IM000007.JPG

IM000008.JPG

IM000009.JPG

IM000010.JPG

nylyon

It needs some work, but Sean and I got it running in about 30 minutes. Smoking quite a bit, but that could be gunk in the muffler, really bad oil, or need to freshen up the engine. But for $100 it seemed to be a god deal to me. The model number is:

71-12KS02

Not a C-160, but pretty close.

Sparky

I see a $50-$70 snow plow bracket on it as well. Theres no way you can loose with this one. Paint the rims up nice and white and put on a new seat and it'll look like a million bucks.

Mike.....

perry

great find, great price. looks like a decent tractor.

nylyon

So far so good. Tomorrow will tell, off to sears to get a battery so it can go on it's own. It needs some tires too, the left rear holds air for about 10 minutes, and they all are dry rotted. It needs a little TLC, but that it what I was looking for anyway. Besides, worst case, I'm sure it has more than $100 worth of parts on it with just the hitches alone.

nylyon

Kids were riding this around all morning and it is smoking less and less. I changed the oil this morning, and borrowed the battery from the 414. This tractor starts up really nicely and runs very smooth. I need to take things apart and lube the entire thing, lots of squeeks but everything is tight and works pretty well. Tires are really bad though, but don't want to foot the bill on new ones until I'm sure we're going to restore this one, maybe I'll tube the left rear get me through.