Sign in to follow this  
Hodge71

HABAN Sickle Bar Mower

Hodge71

I got back up to look at the SB 426 and the sickle mower. The tractor doesnt have a serial but I found the tag for the mower.It is a Haban, Model 426-A; serial 201926-J. I talked to an older gent that lives next to the guy thats got it for sale and he said it works but the belt slips. I found out why(didnt tell him tho :thumbs2: )

Drive belt off PTO has a spring loaded tensioner on it and the belt is routed incorrectly, tensioner not tensioning could be a bad bearing on it as the whole rig is rough to say the least. Tractor wont start on its own, needs starter solenoid and battery. The man said owner jumps it somehow to start it. Also look like it says either only 1 and 2 work or 1 and 2 dont work, i cant read faded writing on masking tape ,guess its been here for a while.Is it possible to lose half the gears in a tranny? How much is this thing worth, worst case scenario bad starter, soleniond, battery, tranny.? I know its very subjective but I'm only looking for a ballpark figure. not asking anyone to honor it. If you guys dont remember the first post regarding this, it has been repopped with a kohler 10 hp no original Breaks and Scrap'em on here. Im considering puchasing it to put the sickle bar on my 416 and possibly part the tractor out if its not worth anything, I know I might me killed for saying that but.......