Sign in to follow this  
glenn27

Old/New Toro paint..

glenn27

I happened to be in an older ACE hardware store yesterday that used to sell/service Wheelhorse-then Toro equiopement. They had several left over spray cans on a back shelf. Well -seems like the numbers have changed--I don't know what the dealer has now, but these are labeled:

#361-1 Apple red (for older tractors)

#361-10 New Red (I don't know where the year break is--nobody there even knew how long they had them) :D

Olratlr

I happened to be in an older ACE hardware store yesterday that used to sell/service Wheelhorse-then Toro equiopement. They had several left over spray cans on a back shelf. Well -seems like the numbers have changed--I don't know what the dealer has now, but these are labeled:

#361-1 Apple red (for older tractors)

#361-10 New Red (I don't know where the year break is--nobody there even knew how long they had them) :omg:

It still has the same Numbers. :drool:

linen beige

Olratlr, A clarification you might want to be aware of. When Toro bought out Wheel Horse they liked Wheel Horse red better than Toro red so they switched to a close approximation of Wheel Horse red.

The apple red is for older TORO tractors! The "New Red" is the color that more closely matches Wheel Horse red. The year break is on or around 1986.

Coadster32

The saying goes... New toro red for old Wheel Horse tractor.

Olratlr

The saying goes... New toro red for old Wheel Horse tractor.

Thanks! :omg: