Sign in to follow this  
truckin88

what kind of horse is this

truckin88

it is an 8hp vert shaft... what model??? Whats engine?? what size deck??? also what is missing from the side of the engine.

wh1.jpg

wh2.jpg

wh3.jpg

Sugarmaker

Looks a lot like our A-100. Probably A-80? Seems to be missing the air cleaner. I was lucky and a friend gave me a nice air cleaner. I put some bigger tires on the rear of ours and it made a nice little run about. We are missing the deck on ours:(

Regards,

Chris

bo dawg

Looks like your missing the starter cover and breather. Looks like a 36" deck.

:omg:

Kelly

Ya missing the air cleaner and the guard over the starter drive, looks alot like my B-81 but that one is older going by the decals, I'd say early 70's, it should have a silver tag under the dash in front of the shifter on the dash tower, post the model no's and we can tell you more. I looks to be in very nice shape, and has a very nice WH seat.

truckin88

it looks like a B-81 with a briggs, but it has head lights..................it is for sale locally, thinking about adding it.

stevebo

I would say stick with the horizontal shaft 3,4, 5 and c series. These lawnmowers do not bring any $$ on resale. Don't get me wrong more tractors is always good but I like to stick with the workers..

truckin88

Steve thanks for the info, that is what I am gonna do. Just need to find a clean one. plus 8hp is small, and I can't find a cleaner assembly online.

stevebo

Keep looking. They will find you.... If interested, I am picking up a 12hp longblock tomorrow. I can sell cheap.

Kelly

If it's cheap that seat is the same as the C's if the headlight is nice it's the same, steering wheel, dash panel, even the hoods fit some of the C's if the price is right there is alot of parts, and air cleaners I have a bunch that will fit that.

sysco

thats a B-82 36 inch deck they are the true beginning of the 200 series mower they where made right before the 200 series started with the left over parts of A,B,C they are fast little mowers in third gear . :omg:

truckin88

the only thing I don't get is the decal and head lights and the seat mount, looking at other B-82's like in the photogallery, they are not like that....maybe someone pieced together a tractor???

kpinnc

also what is missing from the side of the engine.

The PTO shaft... :omg:

I'd also advise you to stick with a B/C or newer series garden tractor.

Kevin

gwgdog66

Looks like the knock out plug on the end of the carb is missing too. If it is an air filter won't do it much good :omg: