Sign in to follow this  
perry

plow team

perry

thier calling for 6-10" tonight and tomarrow here in southeast MI. its going to be a long one out there. atleast ill have the woods blocking most of the wind :P .

wonder how much gas ill go threw :D

tractors001.jpg

tractors002.jpg

tractors003.jpg

Sparky

Nice pics Perry. With snowfalls like that maybe you should look for a sno-blower attachment for the B-100.

Mike.....

nylyon

Perry do the chains on the front tires help with the turning? I seem to recall from long ago when we actually got snow here in NY, that the front tires didn't grip all that well with the plow down. Wondering if chains would help out?

Rideawaysenior

Perry,

If yer worried about the woods and wind, with having three plowin units, just plow them there woods too and that should take care of any blowing snow around ya. LOL

Jack in MA wishing I had something to plow.

modracer

im supost to get 20 - 25 cm tonight so i just drove the sled upto the gas station and filled up so hopefully tomarow will be good riding!

BPjunk

Perry,

Brother ... ifn's ya' need help getting the snow plowed just put a post on here .... We will bring up some reinforcments :(:D:(

Uh Oh Yeah .... :P:(

Good Luck

Bill in Richmond, Va.

Attached Image

post-3-1201832722.jpg

perry

YES the chains on the front are a must. its like night and day. i have alot better control of the tractor. and i can actually have the blade turned and be able to manuever the snow where i want it :P. i highly recommend front chains. just get a hold of some walk behind blower chains and cut them down to fit. im plowing on hard dirt/gravel so not too sure about how they would be on a pretty driveway.

there is noway ill ever get a blower. i would spend more time fixing it than blowing. i have had 2 walk behinds, a blower on the 877, and a large 2 stage behind a ranch king. i had to stop and repair every one of them. and they seem just to darn slow of a process. my driveway is to rough and full of suprise's to run a blower. i like to drop the blade and get'r done :( .

and ya bill the offer is always open. ill prombaly have about 8-9hrs of plowing in by tomarrow night. hopefully a buddy stops buy to help keep one of the tractor seats warm :D . people call me crazy and wonder why i dont have a larger tractor or plow truck. they just dont under stand the fun i have :( .

kj4kicks

Hope you enjoy your seat time tomorrow Perry. All we're going to get here is a sloppy mix, and not much of it. My herd is starting to bang on the doors!

Rollerman

Perry them pics remind me of a fire station with the trucks pointed to the door & ready to roll. :P

Looks like you have a nice shop there too....I like the wood stove.

Mine is about a 3rd of your's in size & just don't keep up....gotta burn that expensive keroseen to stay warm. :D

Enjoy your seat time...looks like I'll be getting some too.

T-Mo

Perry,

Since I got a plow now, I would come up and help, but....it's been snowing here. It started this morning about 9:30 with light snow, then it let up for a while and started again about 6 this evening. We supposed to get up to about 10 inches when it's finally over in the morning. Looks like I'll be doing some snow removal of my own. :D

chevelletown

Perry thats a nice lookin' group of tractors, do you have that many operators? I can't ever get any one to help me :P I guess no one in my family but me knows what real fun is :( I'm ready for the snow as you can see, but I won't have as much fun as you :D

Say....whats under that car cover?

WheelHorseset0312.jpg

The Chev truck with 8.1 liter engine, Allison trans. and 9ft. Curtis plow. I'd rather be plowin' with a Horse

perry

got up at 4:30am and just a dusting so far. i thought i would atleast wake up to a few inches :( . maybe ill fire up the woodstove and get some work done. i keep it around 60-65 degrees in there. that stove does'nt use much wood either. its a old earth stove from the 70's lined with fire brick and has a automatic damper. i just throw a few logs in and the stove does all the work. i insulated the bay door this year and it made a huge difference.

the car under the cover is a pain in my arse :( its just my rust stang that i cant seem to bring myself to get rid of. its covered in empty box's and a few bags of bubble wrap. i try and clean it off every few months :D .

i sure do miss my ol'1972 chevelle. it was a big'ol souped up 4 door that i had back in the 80's when i was 16. looked like i was cruise'in around in my grammas car :o .

but boy that chevelle sure did suprice some people when we where lined up at the lights :( . man that car was a rolling party machine. got me into alot of trouble also :P .

april18ebay004.jpg

T-Mo

Perry,

Since you didn't get any snow yet to plow, how about coming south to Missouri and give me a hand. Here's what it looks like here at my house this morning:

100_0526.jpg

100_0525.jpg

Not quite the 10 inches I don't think, but still a good accumulation. :D

nylyon

:( conditions were so bad there was a Little Tykes pileup out there! :D

Ok Terry, this is what you've been waiting for. Plowing snow! :P

T-Mo

Karl,

I'm heading out this morning to do me some plowing. :P But, I doubt if I can get the wife out there with camera in hand. :( We are babysitting our little nephew (1 year old) and I'm under strict orders NOT TO WAKE THE BABY!!!!! :D So I have to wait until mid-morning.

dspdante

Perry, how about some action shots! What model is that Simplicity, great lookin machine.

pond195520032003

Perry, nice herd you have there :( only one problem, i dont think those 2 breeds of horses get along :o they might push that stang out side so they can have more room in the stable :(:o im ready for the snow, but all we keep getting is rain and sleet :P:D just causing too many wrecks around here :(:o anyway here is my plow team---Click here

Clickless {edit nylyon made link clickable and added image directly}

a11042.jpg

pond195520032003

Karl, thanks for the edit :D

perry

no pics today fellas :P . you would'nt have wanted to see them anyways. i was on that orange thing all morning :( . i used the be twice last week when we had. the weather man lyed again. we got about 3-4 ". they cancelled the heavy snow warning :( . not even a tank of gas and i was done in time for lunch :D .

T-Mo

Just one picture here. Sorry for the off-color weights - I hadn't had the time to paint them yet. I also had to scrounge up some tire chains and do a quick and dirty fit to them. When I have more time I'll cut them down properly.

100_0527_resize.jpg

I wasn't very experience moving the snow, but I had fun. This was the small drive way, I did another one, a longer one, after this.

Rollerman

Still no pics of me yet....maybe my first welding job will be a camera mount on my tractor?

Wife doesn't seem to motivated to shoot pics of me haveing fun. :(

Perry so you neglected the "Horses" again today & rode around on that orange job. :D

Never heard of a wood stove with an auto dampener?

I'll have to investigate that a bit...mine doesn't put out much heat...mostly usefull for burning boxes. :(

Terry glad you found a plow in time to have some fun. :P

T-Mo

Stephen,

Let me know when you perfect the camera mount idea. I can't get my wife out there with the camera either. As for plowing, I'm new to it, so I'm sure I did a lousy job, but I still have a blast doing it. I can see, though, that it would get old after a while. :D