whchris

unknownhorse.jpg

any ideas its on the local classifieds im gonna give a call tomorrow

TT

That is a 1985-ish 308-8

whchris

Thanks TT i will give a call and go see if its worth the $50 tomorrow

Nick

Looks like it should be worth $50. And if they throw in the rear weights grab it fast and run. :omg:

HorseFixer

Yeah Id say :drool: ya cant go wrong with that I would think! :omg:

WHC-125

Chris, If you dont take it I will :omg:

oldandred

yep grab it I just payed 83.53 for one not in as good of shape

past7971

For $50 it sure seems like you cant go wrong to me :omg: oldandred--$83.53?? Seems like an odd amount. Still a good deal but I dont know if I would have paid a penny more :drool:

Brrly1

Must of been the "Horse" tax. Ah, Don't ya know! Burly :omg:

Rideawaysenior

Just talked to the guy. He wants way more then $50.00. Kind of unsure not knowing the history of it. When I asked if he would take the $50.00 he chuckled. I suppose he knows what he has and had some real low ball offers.

Rideawaysenior

This 308-8 made it's way home to Belchertown, MA this evening. Has some nice cast wheel weights and a 37in deck. I'll get some better pics in the AM.

whchris

i talked to the guy once he said the lowest he'd take is $50 i said id give him a call back shortly and set up a time to see it left him 2 messages and he never called me back oh well hope it works out for ya, THEIF :drool: (i really need to stick to what i have anyways im getting a little behind :omg: )

Rideawaysenior

Chris,

Well, I figured since it wasn't picked up within two minutes of the add being posted that it was fair game. :drool: I did email the guy who was very nice and he said he still had it. I inqured as to what he was asking for it and he was at $150.00 and I'm guessing the because he said a few people had called and made offers that why he moved his price up. I offered $75.00 at that point and told him why. He emailed back and asked for me to call him which I did, and we arranged a pickup for Monday afternoon. My luck almost dumped on me as I had to take my daughter to a 3:30pm DR. appointment where we didn't get out until after 5pm. should have anticipated that. I finally made it to Higganum which is where the tractor was. With four flats and those heavy cast weights in the rear wheels, it didn't move easily even with me and the PO 18 year old son pushing. Eventually after some racing pulse rates and alot of sweat, we muscled it up.

Getting it home was the easy part. Unloading it and placing it where the wife can't see is another :omg: . She thinks I have too many as it is. SO until she leaves for work, it's parked on the side of my box trailer and because it's raining, she will never know it's there unless she reads this post. LOL

WHC-125

Jack, if your wife wants you to get rid of some of your horses you could bring them my way :omg:

edpetrie76

Rideaway - Nice haul! I tried to get it too, he never returned my email though. And right in my backyard too....

:omg:

WHC-125

Rideaway - Nice haul! I tried to get it too, he never returned my email though. And right in my backyard too....

:omg:

Thats how it always is, a tractor or attachment is close by and then someone gets it from far away.

I was going to buy a mid mount grader blade for $75 about 20 minutes away and then someone else bought it and I asked the seller where they came from and he said 1 and a half hours away and gave him $100(I know they are worth twice that). :drool:

Rideawaysenior

Chris,

Wansn't me, I've still not been able to find a nice grader. I will say patience is what pays out. I just chalk this find up to my up and cummins for all the other good deals that I missed out on. Everyone I feel gets their share. Now I suppose it will be another 4 years or so before my turn comes by as I really want to get my hands on a 520. LOL

WHC-125

You should PM stevebo, he has a 520 forsale

Rideawaysenior

Well, here she is. Not too bad, missing the clutch pedal, front plactic cover for the air filter and the gas cap cover. The plus side is, some nice wheel weights, a rear axle hitch, and it has compression. I'm crawling out of skin knowing that I have to wait till Saturday before I can even think of playing with it. I'll update this thread then and see if I can't even get a vid of it running.

100_1266.jpg

100_1267.jpg

100_1268.jpg

100_1269.jpg

100_1270.jpg

100_1271.jpg

100_1272.jpg

whchris

he called me back on the gilson he has too told him id take a peek at it ive been working half a mile from his house all week

stevasaurus

nice find...looks like a martini spill on the hood...that's why the paint's gone but it is not rusted. :omg: experience.

Kelly

Heck of a deal, those are JD wheel weights they sell all the time on ebay for $125+ and I never knew they put the gas tank on the engine in the newer tractors??? :omg: learn something new everyday :drool:

WHC-125

Heck of a deal, those are JD wheel weights they sell all the time on ebay for $125+ and I never knew they put the gas tank on the engine in the newer tractors??? :omg: learn something new everyday :drool:

Kelly, they actually only put it on the 308-8 because it has that tiny 8 hp Kohler.

Rideawaysenior

Chris,

What are you looking for as far as machines? I am selling a couple. Right now I have a guy coming by to take a look at my 312-H it's a 92 vintage with the shift lever and hydro lift lever on the column. It's got 200+ hours on it. Cosmetically, I'll be honest it sucks but that is the way I got it. The other is a 1969 Charger 10 hydro and I am toying with the idea of selling a Raider 10 8 speed. Both Charger and Raider have the Tucky engines though.

Jack

whchris

im just looking for a deal not really looking