Sign in to follow this  
Torino

k310 carb problem

Torino

K301 in 69 Elector hydro. I have cleaned the carb two times. After each time it ran great for a week or so. The second time I cleaned it I also cleaned the tank and replaced the filter and lines. Again ran great for awhile. It was acting like the governor was not working right, when I put the tractor under load it would just bog down so I adjusted to governor. Once again it ran great for awhile. This made me think it was the governor all along. Now it is doing it again. Could something be worn with the carb or governor? Could it be an internal problem with the governor or do you think dirt is still somehow getting in the carb?

wallfish

Is your gas cap broken? It may be water getting into your tank. Just a thought

Torino

Gas cap is ok.

iicap

Someone can correct this if I'm wrong because I never see it mentioned. A lot of fuel shut of valves have a very fine screen on the valve in the tank. They can be on a valve that screws into a metal tank and in the case WH tractors with rear mounted poly tanks where the valve pushes into a grommet/seal. I guess a parts breakdown would show it. It is going to be the first place debris will get trapped and cause a flow restriction in the fuel system. I would check for one on your shut off valve and also try to look in the tank with a strong flashlight to see if there is anything that maybe covering/blocking the fuel flow sometime. There are other active threads now on our site about possible carb problems and no suggestions of checking the tank for blockages or intermittent blockages. Heres hoping you find something and it cures your problem. Next would be your fuel filter, unless it's new, then into the fuel pump for a couple of checks

Sorry, after rereading your post, I see you already cleaned the tank and maybe you've aleady checked for a screen. After you comment if you want you can do to fuel pump tests