kthack657

Oops we did it again...horse wrangling

stevebo

Glade to see you got that one Karen. These are getting harder and harder to find. 

Pullstart

Ahh the round fender square hood!  Was just talking about one of those the other day...  Maybe that’ll be in my big show shopping list next year!

• Like 1

Sparky

Owning one of that model is on my "wish-list"....congrats!

To bad those front tires are shot.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Love to see the resto thread on this one.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Nice find Karen. I hope you enjoy the project. Is this clean up get running / or a restore?

Tankman

Years ago, when I lived on Brownsville Road (Trevose), had a Horse that looked similar when I found it.

Fab'ed a deck, 316L stainless steel.

Great find! My son loved that 1st Horse!

AJ-Horse.png.a59d9198d024f45541718e3b0e182c46.png

Edited by Tankman

Chris T

Good to see that one went to someone on here! Almost went to snag it but couldn’t justify the 4 hour drive after having a busy weekend! Definitely needs a good restore! 

kthack657
4 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

Nice find Karen. I hope you enjoy the project. Is this clean up get running / or a restore?

This will be a restore project...we are also planning on a "mini me" project to go along with it...but first we need to put some new sneakers on it...or should I say better sneakers on it so we can push it around.  

• Like 1

kthack657

Hey Tankman, is the brownsville road you are talking about near Trevose, PA?? if so you were right around the corner from me

wfrpalm

What does the 4 in 1045 stand for?

953 nut
33 minutes ago, wfrpalm said:

What does the 4 in 1045 stand for?

As we all know the center digit of "0" was a pull start, "5" was electric start and "7" was electric start automatic transmission.

We also know how thrifty the Ponds were and that "Special" tractors were created to use up left over parts from the previous model.

That being said the "4" in 1045 means "we have these leftover round fenders and will make the 1045 until they are used up!"    :ychain:

• Like 3

kthack657

Well we have started to dig into this tractor...the engine has compression, spark and fuel but will not start...we have cleaned the points too, any ideas what could be wrong??

Also the spindles have been welded, the deck is junk, but if anyone needs parts off of the deck let me know, it will go to the scrap yard on Saturday at the latest...just to give you an idea how bad it is, the middle is a hole, no metal to be found...not olanning on using it for mowing, but figure someone may neex something