Foote2floor

Wheel horse identification

Foote2floor

I recently acquired this wheel horse from my grandfather. He said that it belonged to my great grandfather. I can’t seem to find any identification tags. Can anyone help with what model this may be or a more precise location of the identification tag? I would like to repower it and do a restomod to pull my sprayers and spreaders. 

Thank you in advance. 

BC3FF398-FC6F-4590-9260-43DD39F96CC6.jpeg

C90B3B2A-80E1-4F21-A3C9-0E9CC1F4E9D7.jpeg

• Like 3

Chris G

I'd say it's possibly a 1964 Lawn Ranger. I believe the tag should be on the dash tower left side. Very cool that it's staying in the family though.

Racinbob

:WRS:

Well, it's a lawn ranger, probably post 1963 but I can't tell you much more. It does look straight and an excellent candidate for what you're planning. :)

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

:text-coolphotos:            '64 Lawn Ranger for sure. Do a search on this site and you will find several threads on them. Glad to see it stay in the family.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

The horse looks to be in pretty good shape.  The Lawn Rangers all came with Tecumseh's...H5.5 (1962) and H60 from (1963 to 1965).  Some members here may have a good H60 Tecumseh that they would sell, but parts for these are becoming harder to find.  A 6 hsp predator, Honda, or Kohler would be a better choice.  A Kohler K181  7 hsp may fit also and would be a lot easier to find.  I would check with some of the members to see if a 7 hsp would fit.  :)

• Like 2

Shynon

Yes a pull start 7 or 8 hp kohler will fit. 

20180513_114607.jpg

• Like 1

Foote2floor

Thank you guys for the quick response. Over the years grandpa has changed to more modern tires on the rear and also did a spray can paint job. I will have to do some more research on that model and start looking for parts. 

Shynon

Looks like it has a battery box and a key switch, that would make it a 1964 34E