Horseoholic

Which transaxles' internal gears interchange with other model transaxles ?

Horseoholic

About 2 years ago the transaxle in my 70' wheel horse decided she was done, I had one heck of a time finding another replacement transaxle . Finally got one ,had to travel a ways to get it only to find when I installed it and put a load on it......it shuttered and slipped, after tearing apart transaxles looks like both had similar issues with ring and pinion gears damaged. I did manage to find another transaxle to get her going again, the transaxle is an odd ball model 5066, I would like to get replacement parts at the wheel horse show in a couple of weeks but I'm wondering if parts in this model were common in other models up to certain years? I know this sounds confusing, but I don't want to be looking for model 5066 parts only and not find any when (just saying) model 5053 parts will work and not know this, thanks for any information. (Sorry so long & confusing)

Racinbob

You'd be better off by finding the part numbers and going that route. The 5066 is for a vertical shaft motor and not the typical unidrive most of us work with. Do a search in the files section here for 'commando v8' and you'll find information that will help. :)

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

gwest_ca

Click on the picture. Using the service bulletin on the differentials this may help. I listed the tractor models using info from Toro. Hope they have it correct.

Garry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
4 hours ago, Horseoholic said:

when I installed it and put a load on it......it shuttered and slipped, after tearing apart transaxles looks like both had similar issues with ring and pinion gears damaged.

:WRS:

Sorry to hear this. There are some people out there selling parts that aren't too trustworthy. The Big Show is the place to buy for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Horseoholic
22 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Click on the picture. Using the service bulletin on the differentials this may help. I listed the tractor models using info from Toro. Hope they have it correct.

Garry

Thanks, I would like to repair these transaxles so I have back-up since these parts are getting hard to find. especially since the old girl is getting close to being 50 years old.