Stealth126

New Snowblower

Stealth126

Hey guys, I just picked up a snowblower last night for my 1067. The setup looks complete except that it was being used on an 857 will a pedal engagement system. He said that's how his rear discharge deck engaged as well. I have the hand clutch. I'm wondering what I'll have to do to get this thing running on my longer framed tractor with a different clutch. Do I need a new belt for it?

Stealth126

20180508_074857.jpg

Stealth126

20180508_074918.jpg

Stealth126

20180508_074940.jpg

Stealth126

I downloaded the manual and that covers a lot. I could use advice on 2 things. It appears the 376 model was intended to use the 1576 belt which is 70 inches. But when converting from 375 model to adapt to long frame it says to use a different belt. I'm not sure which model I have. Any way to identify?

Also, my idler pulley is upside down if I want to use a spring tensioner as opposed to foot pedal engage. I can switch the pulleys but then the longer arm has the wrong pulley. 

Last, what length rod do I need for the lift? The current one is 41 inches without the flag. Anyone know the lengths of the short and long rod so I can tell which I have?

Stealth126

I guess it was 3 things

ACman

I can get you some pics a measurements later. Hopefully I can get the boy to take the blower off the 520 today and I know for sure there’s a push bar that was mounted on a 1267 out in the barn too.

Stealth126

Wow that's great. As far as I can tell, I need a belt, flip that idler pulley assembly over, and maybe get a new lift rod. I don't know if that rod you have is for sale, but I'd be interested if it's longer than mine.

Stealth126

Found an old post on the forum discussing the length of the lift rod. Every once in a while I forget why I've got a Wheel Horse now. Everything can be modified and fabbed. Love it. Took off the pulleys, reversed them, and then found the old clutch spring that I just replaced on the tractor. Just under 6 inches long, just like the spring that was designed to go on the blower originally. Idler assembly done. Then I went to TSC and got 15 3/4 inch ID washers as spacers on the lift flag to increase the length of the rod. Now I just need a belt and spacers for where the unit bolts to the frame of the tractor. I think it's 5/8 OD and 3/8 ID. After that as far as I can tell, I'll be in business.

• Like 1

Stealth126

Local hardware had a 70 inch belt and bearings. Snowblower ready for winter.