Lambeater

33R Lawn Ranger

Lambeater

Good morning guys, I just purchased a 33R in great shape which my grandson can drive. The only thing that is in not great shape are the wheels. I would like to put the next size up on and make it look more like a tractor with ribs on the front and lugs on rear. Not sure what rims would fit and which tires to get. At present it has 3.50-4 front and 4.00-8 rear. Any help would be appreciated.

thx

Darryn

Resized_20180325_113635 (002).jpeg

• Like 3

Chrishar

I have one that I made to look like a little tractor and everybody loves it in the parades and show I can show you some pictures of it 

• Like 1

Terry M

P7270635.JPG

I put these tires on my 64 Lawn Ranger....Rear Ags with tri-ribs in the front.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Lambeater
1 hour ago, Chrishar said:

I have one that I made to look like a little tractor and everybody loves it in the parades and show I can show you some pictures of it 

Thankyou I would love to see them. thanks.

Lambeater
31 minutes ago, Terry M said:

P7270635.JPG

I put these tires on my 64 Lawn Ranger....Rear Ags with tri-ribs in the front.

Terry those tires look awesome. Are they the original rims? What brand and size tires are they.

thx

Lambeater

RandyLittrell

Those rears should just be 4.80x8's. They are fairly cheap too. You can switch to some 8x8 wheels and go with wider tires.  I have seen quite a few with them, so somebody should be along to tell you which wheels would fit. They would give it a much more aggressive look. 

Here is a link to some tires. 

http://www.millertire.com/categories/lawn-garden-tires/20x10-00-8/

Check out this thread.  

Hope this helps. 

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Like 1

Terry M
2 minutes ago, Lambeater said:

Terry those tires look awesome. Are they the original rims? What brand and size tires are they.

thx

Lambeater

Yes, the tires are mounted on the original rims that were sand blasted and powder coated.   I can't remember the brands or sizes off the top of my head, But I believe the fronts are 3.00-4 size(vredestien brand) from millertire.com and I'd have to check later with the details the backs.

I could look some time soon if you'd like.    The rear tires I found at the local fleet farm store.

Lambeater

Thanks Terry found the front tires no problem. I think the backs look like Carlisle 4.80-8 power tracs

Lambeater

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Achto

:text-welcomeconfetti:to:rs:

Tankman
21 hours ago, Lambeater said:

Kind of look alike? :ROTF:

Resized_20180325_113635 (002).jpegLawn_Ranger.jpg.eff7fa159d26a3c01fcbf24718fbddf8.jpg

• Haha 1

Lambeater

Thats pretty funny. So I managed to get some Oregon lug tires ordered locally that were pretty cheap for the rears. Seem similar to other lug tires out there. Fitted a new carb on the tractor, cleaned tank and now just need to decide what to do with the glass sediment filter bowl which is in bad shape and leaks. Question is do I try to find parts and rebuild or just replace with something new and if so What.

thx

Lambeater

Lambeater

Thanks for the welcome everyone, found a new fuel bowl set up so have ordered it from a local outdoor equipment store. Should then be able to have the tractor running.

Lambeater

RandyLittrell

You put new tires on and didn't post pictures? :angry-nono:

Your a bad bad boy!!!

Randy

Lambeater

Not bad yet still have to fit them then will post. lol

ClassicTractorProfessor

:WRS: I've been looking for a Lawn Ranger for my nephew for a while now, he loves my C125 but it's a bit too big for him yet 

IMG_20180310_182813.jpg

• Like 1

Lambeater

That's pretty cool, I found the little lawn ranger by accident in a craiglist picture while looking for john deere parts.

Lambeater

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

I too would like to have one for my grandson, I wish they made a hydro in the lawn ranger series but I don't think they did. 

Randy